Author Topic: Weeing on shoes  (Read 3479 times)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Re: Weeing on shoes
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2007, 17:31:01 PM »
pursonally, i always blame the cats for the state of my shoes :sick:

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2007, 14:49:02 PM »
Why not ' we have all been  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2007, 12:55:10 PM »
I know that traditionally the stuff they used to 'cure' leather was ummm excrement related  :rofl: and I think still is if maybe in a synthetic form... I wonder if that's what is attracting him (and the handbag bandit also mentioned)?

:rofl: :rofl:

Sorry, I know I shouldn't...  :evillaugh:
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2007, 11:28:32 AM »
They joined a gym for a while - a very short while  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  I think they were most upset about the brand new trainers that hadn't even been worn.  They're going to get him checked over and put shoes out of reach so hopefully it can be resolved.  He's really the most lovely cat.  Thanks for all the advice and ideas.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 10:38:18 AM »
just a thought but if it's only shoes, they have been outside the house on pavements etc and may smell of enemy cats or threats?! 
can you cover up all your shoes with plastic? You could take them to the men's changing room at the gym mind you and no-one would notice  :rofl:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 09:39:57 AM »
 :rofl: Had to laught whilst reading this thread, but realise its not funny if it happens to you. Hope you get it resolved :hug:

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 21:51:22 PM »
My sister-in-law's cat wees in two places ... his litter tray, and any new handbag she buys, usually within minutes of getting it home ...  :rofl:  I can only laugh because it's not my problem ..

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 18:52:39 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: Lynn, that was my first thought when my daughter told me!  The cat is neutered but I'll certainly check re urine infection etc.  Thanks very much for your help.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 18:31:28 PM »
I just thought...imagine wearing shoes/trainers for a couple of hours then the stench of cat pee as your feet heat up and sweat and the stink wafting up   :sick:

:rofl:

(sorry  :evillaugh: )

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 17:07:37 PM »
sorry but my initial reaction was >>   :rofl:

However i do realise this behaviour isnt on.  7 years old you say ?  So i'd presume definately neuted ?

sounds behavioural more than medical but obviously you need to be certain of that first so if any tiniest bit of doubt take to the vet and make sure no urine infections/ crystals etc

Obviously yet all footwear to be kept in closed cupboard at all time, he now perhaps associates the smell with marking, could possibly the footwear be taking in smells of the outdoors/ other cats ?

Wash the footwear with simple solution, the likes of trainers and inside of nomral shoes could be cleaned and wiped out with surgical spirit. 

I'd buy some feliway spray as i really do think it helps greatly with undesirable behavioural cat peeing.

I agree with Lynn, specially urine infection (cause that makes them Pee in strange places) or marking territory by covering up strange smell's
Obviously keep said footware out of harm's way, And can you still get odour eater's??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 17:08:29 PM by Stuart (Misty's Dad) »
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 16:56:00 PM »
I have no idea what being neuted is 
still sounds painful
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 16:51:36 PM »
So i'd presume definately neuted ?

I have no idea what being neuted is  :-:  but i am imagining he has been neutered  ;)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 16:49:37 PM »
If it were just worn shoes id think insecurity weeing similar to doormat problems.
Do they have indoor trays and enough of them?
Have they changed litter type?

I would also take the cat to the vet cos bladder problems are painful  :(

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 16:41:01 PM »
sorry but my initial reaction was >>   :rofl:

However i do realise this behaviour isnt on.  7 years old you say ?  So i'd presume definately neuted ?

sounds behavioural more than medical but obviously you need to be certain of that first so if any tiniest bit of doubt take to the vet and make sure no urine infections/ crystals etc

Obviously yet all footwear to be kept in closed cupboard at all time, he now perhaps associates the smell with marking, could possibly the footwear be taking in smells of the outdoors/ other cats ?

Wash the footwear with simple solution, the likes of trainers and inside of nomral shoes could be cleaned and wiped out with surgical spirit. 

I'd buy some feliway spray as i really do think it helps greatly with undesirable behavioural cat peeing.

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
Weeing on shoes
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 16:04:06 PM »
Can anyone give a bit of advice please?  My daughter has 2 cats (brothers) and one of them, over the past few months has started to wee on any shoes lying around.  I know they should put them away but....  There doesn't seem to be any particular thing that has set him off - no strange cats coming into the house etc.  He is obviously upset about something as he has always been clean.  He is 7 years old.  The last straw was a few days ago when he soaked a pair of brand new, unworn trainers.  Has anyone any ideas on cause and/or solution.  Many thanks.

Link to CatChat