Author Topic: Cat doesn't clean bottom! Advice needed on CatChat  (Read 1939 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Cat doesn't clean bottom! Advice needed on CatChat
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 23:25:09 PM »
I dont know the answer to this , Teresa may but I thought it was something they learnt as kittens from their mother.

Sasa has a tiny prob at moment for somereason but of course I cant touv=ch her. I think somethink stuck a bit to her n=beautiiful white fir and shows up bad .........sigh

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 22:52:19 PM »
Bella never cleans any part of herself - I think she just never learned from her mum, having been dumped in a skip at 2-3 days old  >:(  She stares at Bertie and Minnie when they clean and will sometimes copy what they do, but then she'll just get fixated on washing one paw or one part of her tail, and lick it till it's soaking!  I always have to resort to bathing her in the sink!  Not sure it will ever change now as she's 2.5 years old but still not getting the hang of keeping herself clean!!

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 16:05:54 PM »
I had a bit of a problem like this when Archie was smaller. He would not clean his bot properly and would often leave soil marks especially on the bed. :sick: He is much better now and I put it down ti Scruffy my permant visitor. He seemed to learn alot from her including washing and opening doors ;D Archie was a rescue kitten so I can only assume he did not learn the basics from his mum. Not sure this is helpful though.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Cat doesn't clean bottom! Advice needed on CatChat
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 15:50:20 PM »
I saw this post a cople of days ago and as yet no one has answer the poor chap with any advice.  Can anyone help?

http://www.catchat.org/discus/messages/18/64634.html?1192717598
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Link to CatChat