Author Topic: Almo Nature & Orijen etc ?????  (Read 2088 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Almo Nature & Orijen etc ?????
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 17:22:40 PM »
Its tesco brand, in a small round tin. It will be in the premium section with the tins of gourmet and hi life.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 08:31:13 AM »
Millys Mum - whats is called??  i'd like to give that a try I've only ever seen pouches of felix type stuff

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 21:47:59 PM »
Tesco make their own version of almo nature style chicken if you wish to try a couple. Double check the ingredients but i think they are as 'pure' as the other brands

Offline west0405

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 21:45:36 PM »
Thanks,

I think I'll go hunting around in the pet shops too... plus the £1 bags have temp. sold out on Zooplus!... Must be you lot!  :rofl:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 18:23:17 PM »
Mosi eats orijen for his dry and loves it (and does well on it - less smelly poos!).  The £1 bags zooplus are selling at the  moment area bargain at £1 for 400g.

Mine love almo nature too.  I also buy applaws which is a very similar product.

http://www.worldsbestcatlitter.co.uk/default.asp?

Almo nature comes in more flavours than the applaws.  I buy both from local pet shops as I don't think the prices on zooplus are that good unless it's on special offer.  I pay 59p for a small tin - have a feeling it's more than that on zooplus?

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 17:30:58 PM »
Susanne uses Orijen, the good thing about it is its grain free and was only £1 a bag when i ordered  ;D

Almo nature is a good one to try if he has a dicky tummy and theres only meat/rice & water in the tin. You could also try Cosma.

Offline west0405

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 17:20:12 PM »
The ingredient list is some what... extravagant !!!

.....They'd be eating better than me anyway!!  :rofl:

Offline west0405

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 17:17:15 PM »
Thanks for that guys...  :Luv:

I've been looking at them both on the Zooplus website and as I would also be buying in bulk it would be free delivery  ;)

The Almo Nature website is great thanks... I never even thought about Google-ing it!!  :doh:  And at least now I have something to show th OH when he see's his bank statements!    :evillaugh:

Heres a bit of info on the other brand I mentioned....   http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/dry_cat_food/orijen/45156

That probably wont work though!!   :rofl:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 17:04:07 PM »
I've just recommended Almo Nature to someone else.  Blip likes it and it has a high meat content.  There is a stockists' list, by area, at http://www.almonatureuk.com/

I don't have any experience of the other brand you've asked about.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 16:58:05 PM »
mine love the almo nature chicken but I have to order it in bulk

Offline west0405

• Senior Cat
Almo Nature & Orijen etc ?????
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 16:54:46 PM »
Any opinions on these cat foods...?

I'm taking the plunge soon and going to buy a BIG bag of dry cat food, (after trials on small bags first!!)   :sneaky:
And maybe some supplement wet food, (Dylan + wet food = Mummy's not got a cream carpet anymore!)   :sick:

So I have been looking at several brands and these two look good, from more of an ethical and health point of view I suppose... but I'm just a beginner with all this cat food stuff...!    :Crazy:

I am just fortunate at the moment to be able to spend a bit of money for some good quality cat food.
Lets just see how long it lasts... If I'm not on for a while, I've had to sell my computer for extra funds!   :rofl:

So any ideas / opinions or suggestions would be wonderful !!!!!!  :Luv:

Link to CatChat