Author Topic: ANYONE WANT TO SWAP  (Read 2281 times)

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
Re: ANYONE WANT TO SWAP
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2007, 16:55:17 PM »
how's things?
Are there a lot more viruses (viriiiiii??) around than normal this year (reading this forum ,there's quite a few?). maybe the 'summer' we are having??
hope you are less tired anyhow.

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2007, 12:50:13 PM »
 :hug: Hope all is well today

Rem yesterday was Friday 13th, so things can only get better!!!!!!!!
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2007, 11:23:21 AM »
Awwww, just make sure you look after yourself as well as you look after your animals! ;D

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 23:53:05 PM »
sorry for not getting back, its a long story :(
Thankyou all for your kindness again it really does make all the difference knowing your all here  :hug:

Well the good news is Ells one of my horses with the leg injury  is going to be ok yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the vet said they were so shocked that I had managed to do a better job than they could have at the vet lol Im so, so reieved I ended up bawling my head off........... They are coming next week to do laser treatment to get rid of the dead and dying skin she has to be heavily sedated  :'( at least she only has to have me do dressings 3 times a day now and is allowed out with her sister for 2-4 hours

My poor little bunny does have a middle ear infection do a month of baytril poor little man they said it will take about 2 weeks to notice any difference. He was as good as gold in the car as I took his brother too so they both smelt of the vet and my vet was so fantastic he handled the other one and checked his ears too so that he too smelt of the vet

Elle's leg is absolutely fine now and she is happily running around AT 4AM  >:( >:( >:( >:( but we would rather that than her have a sore leg  :hug:

And I can safely say that I am mentally and physically exhausted to say the least......... we had a swarm of bee's tormenting the horses today and had to run around making ure they were all ok.............I got stung in my bra (NO LAUGHING MARK)  in agony all day  :censored: horrible  :censored: things       

Im so glad its Friday and cant wait for this month to be over

I really do appreciate you all so much, just reading your kind posts make all the difference

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 00:08:19 AM by smudgepickles »

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007, 22:12:44 PM »
Just wondering if things were any better today? :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 17:30:38 PM »
Hope things are on the up again, Smudge.  How are all your patients (including yourself)?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 12:47:52 PM »
Lotsa compost for the plants too, presumably  :rofl:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 19:28:01 PM »
We should write to the politicians suggesting this as an eco-friendly national energy policy. Everyone has their own horse/mule/donkey (according to personal preference) in their cellar or.....flat?! Scrap the boiler, in with the biogas. Opens up a whole new, er, pile of possibilities.
I'd pay serious money to see my fussy neigh-bour's face, me going up my 45 stairs with giddyup in tow (sorry, apologies, been a long day) :)

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 18:36:53 PM »
What a great way to save on power bills! Horses in the cellar.

Hope things have been improving Smudge.  :hug:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 08:53:47 AM »
going to become a recluse I think and lock all my animals in to keep them safe.........dint think hubby would be too pleased having the horses in the house though

In Switzerland, Austria and perhaps other countries, that is exactly what they do in the winter. The animals, often cows stay on the ground floor and the family lives above. Apparently the heat from the animals helps to keep the family warm.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 07:47:06 AM »
what a terribly bad hair day! I hope things get easier and the sick ones are picking up a bit today. Those out of hours vets charge makes the eyes water.
good luck today.
noooooo horses in the kitchen? maybe noooooot. x

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 07:43:36 AM »
Aww, fingers crossed things get better for you.
Please spay your cat

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 23:15:53 PM »
I hope things improve for you.

Down with out of hours vets  :censored: :censored:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 23:07:49 PM »
Awwwwwwwwwwwww so sorry  :hug:

I know what you mean about autos cos if I didnt drive one at moment I wouldnt be able to drive cos left arm very bad!

Hope your vet sorts out the sick ones tomorrow and stick some ice on ankle and ellivate it  ;D

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
ANYONE WANT TO SWAP
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 23:03:35 PM »
Today has to be have been the most unpredictable  :censored: days in history. Woke up after eventually trying to sleep worrying about Ells. Went down stairs not to be greeted by Louis he was actually in heap on the floor a very rapid trip to the vet and it appears he has a chest infection and a very rapid heartrate that I have to monitor  :'(  antibiotics. got back home and Elle was shivering so badly and had a temp of 103.5 back off to the vet (took Daisy too to keep her company)  a bit rapid and they could find nothing apart from her elbow seemed very sore....good old metacam inj. She certainly seems a lot brighter and her temp is down- just got to keep an eye on her   :'( :'( :'(

Well tonight was the final straw my daughter come in to tell me one of the bunnies was running around in a circle it appears (after another having the same symptoms  a couple years ago ) he has probably got an inner ear infection. the vets were closed spoke to the out of hours vet who straight away said ITS £120 to see him and we prob cant do much anyway  :censored: useless  :censored: uncaring money grabbing  :censored:. I looked it up and bunnies can have metacam, he will be at the vet am in time for me to come back for the horses vet at 330pm

I tripped over Daisy at 8pm and just managed to grab the stair rail but have a swollen ankle now................glad I have an automatic car :'( :'( :'( :'(

I'm going to become a recluse I think and lock all my animals in to keep them safe.........dint think hubby would be too pleased having the horses in the house though

xx xx

Link to CatChat