Author Topic: Anyone tried Felifriend?  (Read 1675 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: Anyone tried Felifriend?
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 13:26:55 PM »
I use it when I've got a new cat customer in for grooming. I think it helps when dealing with a new cat thats a bit nervous and unsure of you and in a new situation. Supposed to be good for anybody that has to handle cats, lke vets etc.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 10:21:19 AM »

Thanks  ;D I won't buy any then as I don't plan on getting any more cats in the forseeable future - if ever  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 09:28:23 AM »
I used felifriend when I got Mosi.  Hard to say if it worked as I don't know what they would have been like without it.  You rub it on the actual cat (spray it on hands then wait for the alchohol to evaporate before rubbing on the cat).  it's supposed to make them feel a bit more confident being handled and help with introductions by making 2 cats smell the same (and reassuring to each to each other)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 08:44:25 AM »
Felifriend assists in the confidence/bonding between the cats and people. Valerian can also help in the same way.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Anyone tried Felifriend?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 08:05:54 AM »
I saw this on VetUK. It says to use it onnew things bought into the house to prevent soiling but I thought Feliway was suppose to do that?

Wonder if its worth trying. Problem is with willow, she will pee on anything made of cloth on a floor or table - ie teatowels  :sick: so I can't spray everything
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat