Author Topic: Are they bullying him?  (Read 1480 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Are they bullying him?
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 20:12:42 PM »
I have used many cans of the green Neutrodol but even that is getting sickening and he is not going as much as before but its taken ages to get the right combination of food to get his tummy solid and I think we are about there.

Lupin is very snuggly when he wants something but apart from that he doesnt like being touched and will lash out........think he has brought some history with him sadly.

He loves to play  with anything that moves and is inquisitive about most things and has a temper tantrum if I move him from somewhere he wants to be......sigh

Last night was a first, he slept on the end of the bed and Ducha was round my head, I hope its a sign he is calming down   :innocent: :innocent:

Napoleon was very special and Lupin has a lot to live up to  ;D

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Twix, numerous foster kittens currently have a 2 babies with out names yet!
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 17:19:05 PM »
Lupin had the upset tummy since he was neutered and chipped? Wow long time, bet you cant smell anything else  ;) ;)

I saw the posts about Napoleon  :hug: saw his pictures in the contest as well, he was magnificent. Im sorry he left for the bridge  :hug: :hug:
Is lupin snuggly? Twix isnt he'll give me a sloppy kiss each morning but once he's fed he doesnt really want a cuddle.

Just had to put twix out, i think its v. rough wrestling he is aiming for and they're just too little for that! he is not happy being stuck out, but there only another ten min and then theyre playtimes over and itll be dinner litter tray sleep for the next three hours.
Theyre starting to get very brave now, and having a sly sniff off jess when she walks past instead of hissing  :Luv2: going to have to get twix can here the carpets getting it.....

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 15:58:30 PM »
Lupin has now been here since I Jul!

He has been neutered and chipped and had an upset tummy since then but this is just starting to get better but is on
special food and supplement.

Ducha is 18yrs tomorrow and is a bluepoint birman and was Napoleons litter bro, he has 3 legs. I sadly lost beautiful Napoleon on 10 May after he was ill for about a month and at the vets most of that time, broke my heart  :(

Misa and Sasa are my two big moggies both are scared of people and Lupin, they were rescues with a very bad history and Sasa is a semi feral who I cant touch. Misa is a gorgeous b&w long fur and so cuddley but doesnt like cuddles ......not what big boys do he tells me and he is 10 yrs old.

Sasa is a tortie calico and 12yrs old and currently is in Sasa has left the building mode........sigh

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Twix, numerous foster kittens currently have a 2 babies with out names yet!
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 14:52:04 PM »
Poor Ducha, how long have you had Lupin now?? I dont know anything about your cats Gill, whats there stories?

i was thinkin of getting a feliway see if that calms twix down with the little one, what you think???

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 14:48:49 PM »
Thats good then, Ducha doesnt have enough power in one back leg, he attempts to bat Lupin but he is usually in a head lock.......sigh

I think Ducha would love to cuddle though

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 14:45:57 PM »
I let the little ones do it as he is quite fiesty and just gives them a good back leg kill  :evillaugh: which makes them pounce off and get back to some serious playing but twix is stopped, im tryin stop twix mixing with them but he has taken to sitting outside the room crying when he knows they have been let out bless him.  :Luv2:
he is okay 80% of time when he manages to get the dog to let him in just plays nice or sits and watches them, its so funny though as twix'll cry and a dog will come along push door open but not come in as if to say there the door is open now be quiet!!
 :rofl: he has the dogs better trained than i do

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 13:39:03 PM »
I dont know the answer but Lupin does this too Ducha who although much older is smaller and lighter,,,,,,,,,,,maybe they pick on the smallest one.

I have to stop Lupin cos Ducha gets very upset and isnt big enough to stop Lupin and only has 3 legs.

I think you need to make sure the smallest boy doesnt get hurt

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
Are they bullying him?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 08:19:28 AM »
The little boy who is by far the smallest is getting picked on i think??  Or is it just the others being dominant. He'll be quite happy playing with whatever and then one of the other 2 will run over head lock him bite his neck til he squeeks then they pounce off and away they go playing again???  :Crazy: :Crazy:
Twix is not supposed to be coming in the room but has figured out if he meows long enough one of the dogs will come and push the door for him but when he does get in after watching for a while he'll try and head lock one, but he also seems to have a real thing about headlocking the little boy.  :Crazy: :Crazy: so then away he goes for a meowing session.  :evillaugh: (but need to fix the door so its not so easily pushed open, that'll be a job for next week i think.)

Link to CatChat