Author Topic: Anyone experienced car oil on paws???  (Read 1599 times)

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Anyone experienced car oil on paws???
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 16:31:46 PM »
Thanks peeps  ;)

I have managed to get her paws clean but I was more worried about the effects of the oil entering her body, cuz she's forever cleaning her feeties.

Anyway, the cat flap is still locked and as much as it breaks my heart to see her cry at the door, I'm not letting her get covered again  :-[

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 16:05:37 PM »
If you have any Swarfega in that will get the oil off easily (you only need to use a teeny amount to scrub the feet and then rinse well). A judge at vetting in mentioned about Swarfega to me when I was struggling to get hold of Groomers Goop.

Shame you don't live up here as I've got a tub of Groomers Goop here that I use for Orion's stud tail and it's fab stuff for dissolving oil and grease (you could use stud tail grease instead of tarmac on driveways it's that thick and sticky lol)
Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 13:25:37 PM »
Best thing is a quick bath is some washing up liquid for the cat and you if you must

Our vets used this on our longhaired boy Phoenix who has a heart condition he fell in some oil that had been dumped in our woods and was so stressed he had a shampoo and set at the vet
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 12:14:24 PM »
P.S Yes you are, Peanut must come and live with me immediately, obviously we can't separate her from her brother so Cooper must come too  :naughty:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!   :P  :bum:

She deffo has not come in with proper black feet, as in obviously coated in oil. I have tried to wash her feet and yes, she does pull away and it resulted in me looking like I'd stepped out the shower :shify:

I've locked the cat flap and will keep her in until we can try and clean the drive. I have noticed her sitting under cars, so it is something she is gonna do regardless of how many times I clean her tootsies!  :tired:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 12:05:03 PM »
Gill recommended sugar combined with washing up liquid before, obviously it would need to be completely rinsed off but not sure how practical this will be if it's her feet as can imagine she'll just pull her legs away when you try to do it!

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,32162.msg576447.html#msg576447

It sounds like there hasn't been huge amounts of oil if all you've noticed is a grey-ness and a slight smell so hopefully she won't have come to any harm  :hug: If you want to put yopur mind at rest you could always give the vets a quick ring to confirm.

Oh God.......I'm a bad meowmy :scared:  :scared:

P.S Yes you are, Peanut must come and live with me immediately, obviously we can't separate her from her brother so Cooper must come too  :naughty:

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
Anyone experienced car oil on paws???
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 11:41:19 AM »
Peanut's feet have been looking quite grey recently and I smelt them and I can detect oil. It must be off our drive (its a massive drive shared by me and my neighbours) but what can I do? Gonna see if pressure washing the drive helps to get rid of any previous spills but what about her feeties? Obviously its a substance not to be ingested but have I left it too late to notice? Is she gonna get seriously ill?

Oh God.......I'm a bad meowmy :scared:  :scared:

Link to CatChat