Author Topic: almo nature  (Read 1340 times)

Offline Pinball

• Adult Cat
Re: almo nature
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 12:18:19 PM »
thanks guys, yes Tilly loves it and unfortunately we've got to the stage where she will no eat felix (which she always loved) it would be find for the others because they all have some dry as well but she doesn't like dry

Check out Feline Fayre (the black pouches/tins are complete) - in consistency they are like almo nature but they also have the necessary nutrients for your cat. Though like all of those types of shredded meat foods in broth they are too low in fat but you could always add some.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 17:39:41 PM »
thanks guys, yes Tilly loves it and unfortunately we've got to the stage where she will no eat felix (which she always loved) it would be find for the others because they all have some dry as well but she doesn't like dry

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 13:06:28 PM »
No it's not.

Almo nature tend to claim it is (I had correspondence with them about this when Almo nature was new) due to the fact that it's cooked in broth and the broth is included, but it's lean muscle meat and contains no additional vitamins or minerals.   I consider it complementary.  The most recent information I got from almo nature (a leaflt at the supreme cat show last november) claimed it was complete but then went on to say it was best served with their dry food for a balanced diet!  Incidentally, Applaws which is the same sort of food, is labelled as complementary.  I think it's best to treat Almo Nature as complementary. 

As an aside, Jaffa goes crazy for the almo nature beef  ;D

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 01:08:52 AM »
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
almo nature
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 18:56:43 PM »
does anyone know if its complete?  I can't work it out from the tin!

Link to CatChat