Author Topic: anyone want some pepcid?  (Read 2831 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: anyone want some pepcid?
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 22:19:13 PM »
Why do I ALWAYS call Kate Helen?

Sorry Kate  :-[

Thanks PP  :hug:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 22:19:59 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline paddypaws

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 22:06:37 PM »
www.CanadaDrugs.com
Paddy has chronic Pancreatitis and the Pepsid really help when he is feeling sicky. You cannot buy it anymore here in UK, the Pepsid 2 on sale in Chemists is not advised for cats.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 20:13:57 PM »
It was Kate that posted this, not me. I am a fan of them though as they did wonders for Tiggy.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 20:14:33 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 18:59:45 PM »
Do you still have any of these Helen?

I was wondering about trying them on Clapton as he seems to be getting nauseous at times and also bringing up foamy stuff.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline paddypaws

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 13:35:03 PM »
Thanks for the offer of the Pepsid....No, none of my cats are currently on it but it is one of those things I read about on USA sites such as www.diabeticcatcare.com which they always recommend for settling a cat's tum. One of my 4 has a very gurgly tummy and is often off his food  ( just had a routine full vet check with bloods )so I would like to try the pepsid on him....although I seem to have managed some improvement with B-12 and B complex.
I will of course always check in with my vet regarding any medication....but with 4 geriatric cats in the house I am quite used to dealing with everyday niggles on my own!

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 11:14:52 AM »
this is the best link for anyone thinking of using them (check with vet too, especially as regards giving it away from other meds)

http://www.felinecrf.org/treatments.htm#controlling_stomach_acid

I only started using pepcid/zantac when the boys' tummies started to make loud gurgling noises when I put my head on their tums. I do think it helps combat mild nausea.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 20:28:56 PM »
Hi, I would like to accept some...maybe half a dozen...of these tablets. I am new to this site and cannot work out how to send PMs so maybe you can get back to me? Thanks so much!

Is your cat already on them?  :shy:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 18:14:43 PM »
I"ll send you a pm, then you can reply!  You see the top where your name is logged in? If you click on the messages there, it will go to your inbox  ;D

Offline paddypaws

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 15:35:25 PM »
Hi, I would like to accept some...maybe half a dozen...of these tablets. I am new to this site and cannot work out how to send PMs so maybe you can get back to me? Thanks so much!

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
anyone want some pepcid?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 19:03:56 PM »
Going through my cupboard and I found just over 1/2 bottle of Pepcid (10mg famotidine) tablets that I bought from the USA. They are able to be cut, with a pill cutter, into 1/4 tabs - the cat dose for CRF cats. I would guess there are 50-60 whole tabs (of the 90 it comes with) left, plus some that are already 1/4'd by me. They can be given as a pill or put in a size 4 (v small) gelcap.

If anyone wants them please just pm me with your name and address and I'll post them to you. Their expiry date is 05/11.

Link to CatChat