Author Topic: Alice's back legs  (Read 1566 times)

Offline puggy1975 Zoe

• Hero Cat
  • Tyler and Ollie
Re: Alice's back legs
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2010, 20:18:40 PM »
Anything that keeps out furbabes happy. Keep up with the dustpan and brush.  :tired:

Its defo a lot milder now. We know you would not be that cruel
Zoe, Ollie and Tyler

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 20:09:20 PM »
It was very mild that day - I'm not THAT cruel  :evillaugh:

In fact, the basement badly needs a good proper clean as she is also scared of brooms  :shy: . It has a wooden floor and I have been making do with a dustpan and brush (the basement consists of a main room which is about 28 x 13ft, a den about 11ft x 10ft and a bathroom - quite a lot of sweeping on hands and knees  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline puggy1975 Zoe

• Hero Cat
  • Tyler and Ollie
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 20:04:22 PM »
Glad Alice enjoyed her wander round the garden. I would not go out in winter either but with us mere humans needs must
Zoe, Ollie and Tyler

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 19:59:16 PM »
Sorry Ruth - that was the wrong Icon - it should have been  :innocent: - Alice is a lady and would never use expletives  :evillaugh:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 19:42:23 PM »
Now would I do that?  :innocent: :Luv:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 19:38:24 PM »
She hopes you aren't implying that she has gained a few grams over xmas  :censored:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 09:12:25 AM »
There's my special girl  :Luv: :Luv:

Isn't she looking so lovely and cuddly.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 23:12:41 PM »
She seems fine tonight. I put her in the garden - OH thinks I'm cruel but it isn't really cold and she has a good 10 minute wander round sniffing things. She won't go out voluntarily in the winter  :evillaugh:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 21:40:43 PM »
They sometimes get weird foibles about laying in new/different positions. Sounds like she's experimenting with her body. Jumpy occasionally kind of twists his body so his back legs are pointing to the left and his front legs to the right. You would swear his back is broken.  :Crazy:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 19:31:21 PM »
Maybe she gets crampy from being curled up? I notice gooey has to stretch alot once he wakes before jumping down from the bed or sofa. His leg 'locks' sometimes so he is now on metacam.
Once opened metacam has a shelf life of 6 months

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 07:14:34 AM »
She is gorgeous  :Luv: 

Byron is pretty similar Mark, touch wood she's not too bad but gets stroppy if her back legs are touched in certain places and the vet says they are stiff.   I have Metacam in but don't give her it as yet, I don't want to unecessarily either, she seems fine otherwise.  I wish they could tell us if they are in pain  :tired:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 06:44:49 AM »
I had some but I don't want to give it unnecessarily. She doesn't seem in pain - I hope she isn't. I got the Metacam last year when I was grooming her and if I touched the area on her back near her back leg, she would nip me, which is really out of character for her. She doesn't do it now. Although she is doddery, she can really scoot when she is in the mood. I will keep an eye and ask for her to be x-rayed if need be.

PS Ruth - continuing with my bath mat theme  :shify: , I bought some cotton ones in Tesco the other day on clearance, 2 for £3. They are more like hand towels really but they are really good for laying on the footstool  that Alice uses to bask in front of the heater on and I can change them every couple of days  :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 07:01:42 AM by Mark »

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 02:16:39 AM »
Bless the beauty!  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: Hope its nothing to worry about Mark and the Metacam kicks in soon!  :hug: :hug:

That's if you have given the Metacam yet?  :shocked: (sorry having one of many dozy mo's!  :-[:hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Alice's back legs
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 23:47:37 PM »
She has always been a bit wobbly on her back legs. The vets have looked at her back and legs a few times and can't really see anything wrong. I was advised to give her Metacam if she seems in pain. I have noticed that when she moves around when she is lying down, it is as if her back legs are paralysed. She manoeuvres herself around using just her front legs. I'm not sure why. I took these a minute ago - after putting a dish of Salmon in front of her, she sat up normally.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 00:31:03 AM by Mark »

Link to CatChat