Author Topic: 2 of mine off colour today. Willow poorly now.  (Read 23016 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: 2 of mine off colour today.
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2009, 14:34:13 PM »
Thanks

She rang about 10 minutes ago and I'm sure she said HE is on HIS way so possibly the owner is coming.

I keep a beady eye anyway  :shify:

So we have the vet table set up. A seat cushion from a sofa with a towel over so is is nice & soft. I know when the door goes and I go upstairs to get him, he will have vanished.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 14:35:55 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2009, 13:40:33 PM »
Thinking of you and your babes Mark, hope all will be okay!  :wish: :Luv: :hug:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2009, 12:40:31 PM »
Hope everything is gong ok with the vet visit.  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2009, 11:47:41 AM »
  :hug: :hug:
 Lots of good vibes for Clapton.x

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2009, 11:39:10 AM »
Hopefully she has learned from last time and will be much better around Clapton this time  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2009, 11:35:10 AM »
 :hug:

Let us know how it goes  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2009, 11:31:50 AM »
I AM REALLY ANGRY WITH THE VETS!

I phoned and asked what time James will be here and she said James works in the Deal branch on Tuesdays and Kirsty will be coming  >:(

I have lost count of the times I have told them I don't want to deal with her as she frightened the life out of him the only time she came - she was holding him midair and he was peeing.

She said I could go to Deal if I really want to see James but that is over 20 miles away!

I made it clear that I am "making do" with Kirsty and I will keep a close eye on her. I also said I think I will need to look for a new vet!

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2009, 10:41:51 AM »
The last time I went to check on him, he was back on the bed with his little head burrowed into a crease. He didn't run this time. I was gently stroking his head and whispering to him  :shy: - he managed a barely noticable purr for me but I know he isn't right. I have a feeling the vet may want to take him to give him IV fluids. At least he can be sedated first.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2009, 10:27:16 AM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: Lots of vibes for today

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2009, 09:06:00 AM »
He is still petrified of me for just gently opening his mouth. I just go upstairs and check on him once in a while but keeping well away from him  :( - he is not a happy boy  :(

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2009, 08:55:07 AM »
poor clapton, hope you can get him sorted

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2009, 08:52:59 AM »
Best of luck today  :hug: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2009, 06:46:15 AM »
hope that the vet can make him feel much better today  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2009, 06:09:42 AM »
He eventually went upstairs but I don't think he has had a drink or eaten anything. He was purring this morning and his nose was twitching when I put a bowl of watery wet RC on the bed (bedding can always be washed)

Any cat not drinking is bad but even more so for a CRF one  :( - especially given how much he normally drinks.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2009, 01:59:32 AM »
Lots of good wishes for Clapton  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2009, 23:58:00 PM »
 :hug: :hug: For you and Clapton.
Mark i do hope he feels better tomorrow.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2009, 23:31:25 PM »
he wasn't trying to eat the litter, was he, Mark? they can do that when they're anaemic

No it was just stuck to his chin where he is drooling a bit. He was downstairs behind the sofa for a while but when I pulled it ot, he went upstairs back to the tray again. I went to take the lid off and he flew upstairs. He has a bowl of water and some wet RCfood with extra water up there. I hope he just stays there. We need to be up at 5am so hopefully he will sleep between now and then. I can't deal with it all. Alice decided to go up toi the kitchen and bother him - she will find herself packed off sharpish if she bothers him again!  >:(

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2009, 22:54:24 PM »
Schui sat in the litter tray when we had the joiner in and he and Byron were in the kitchen a few hours, he was ok but oddly did that as he never got in a bed nor sat on a duvet thingy, also Pepper was sat in the tray this morning when I went into the kitchen - sometimes I think it's a comfort when things are feeling a bit strange.

Hope there is improvement tomorrow  :hug:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2009, 22:41:29 PM »
Hope the vet can help him tomorrow.  :hug:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2009, 22:39:47 PM »
he wasn't trying to eat the litter, was he, Mark? they can do that when they're anaemic
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2009, 22:35:52 PM »
The vet should be here between 1 & 2pm tomorrow so unless Clapton crashes, I think it's best to wait. He was lying in the tray and had bits of litter suck around his mouth. He moved quick enough when I took the lid off and came flying down the stairs into the garden so he certainly isn't weak. OH has camped in the bedroom Clapton normally spends most of his time in. It is my job to catch him but OH doesn't understand that Clapton hates me right now.

Clapton is a nervouse wreck and he wouldn't stay still for SubQs - also OH hates the idea of him being injected - although we could look into a shunt (I think that is the term)
Lately he doesn't seem happy and I do wonder if keeping him going when he is so miserable is being selfish?

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2009, 22:29:26 PM »
I didn't know what subQs are Mark so googled and believe that is the way of administering the IV fluids?  The info I came across suggests subQs can show very positive results and not sure why your OH is so dead against them.  I know virtually nothing of this subject though so am not making any point just wondering aloud. 

Do you think Clapton would be as freaked out as usual with vet visit in his current state?  I know he has CRF problems on and off but can't tell whether he has gone badly downhill in past day or so or whether this has been a slower decline.  I would be more tempted to arrange an emergency vet visit if this has come on fast.  Sorry I really don't want to pile the pressure on.  Have got an enormous soft spot for that boy  :hug: and sending you all best of positive vibes.  Oral doses of Metacam cause vomiting if given without food; not sure about injected Metacam.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2009, 21:53:10 PM »
Poor Clapton  :hug: Hope the vet can suggest something, IV fluids maybe  :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 21:50:40 PM »
He is lying down in a dirty litter tray now  :'( - he has never done that. Iried to feed him some pork that is really tender and he usually loves but he just cowered  :( - I have a feeling this is the beginning of the end  :'(
OH said there is no way he is being given subQs so I don't know what to do.

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: All of my 7 furkids :o)
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2009, 19:56:04 PM »
Positive vibes xx  :hug: :hug:
Cats ... Pod, Rolo, Flora, Peaches & Ziggy
and
English Bull Terriers...  Lola & Tom

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 19:47:20 PM »
The black stuff could be old saliva build up if theres anything up with his mouth, i hope hes ok :wish:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 18:43:54 PM »
Sending positive vibes Clapton & Willow's way  :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 18:43:38 PM »
He had full bloods done 3 or 4 months ago and apart from his Phosphate levels being "concerning", he got the all-clear (apart from the CRF)

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 18:11:47 PM »
crawling out of sight when he is feeling poorly is I suppose a natural reaction, especially if he is peeved with his owner

fingers crossed the vet doesn't find anything much amiss tomorrow

Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 18:03:39 PM »
Fingers crossed for tomorrow
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 17:56:37 PM »

He has some kind of black mottling on his chin. He just doesn't look right and is terrified of me now  :(

Are you going to wait till the vet comes tomorrow Mark? or do you think he needs to be seen sooner?  :hug: The mottling on the chin - could be feline acne perhaps?

I wonder that. Unless he takes a turn for the worse, I will wait for the vet. He has limboed under a victorian chest. I have put a bowl of water under and hop that he drinks it. I am bad cop so am hoping OH as good cop can make him eat. I really

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 17:48:14 PM »
Sending positive vibes to both Willow and Clapton Mark~~~~I do hope Clapton will be ok!  :wish: :Luv: :hug:

:ahh: :ahh:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 17:40:32 PM »
Hope that the vet visit goes well tomorrow, poor kitties give them a gentle hug from me  :hug:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 17:37:24 PM »

He has some kind of black mottling on his chin. He just doesn't look right and is terrified of me now  :(

Are you going to wait till the vet comes tomorrow Mark? or do you think he needs to be seen sooner?  :hug: The mottling on the chin - could be feline acne perhaps?

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 17:29:43 PM »
He is quite poorly now but I have decided not to post about my cats here any more and stick to just speaking to my vet.
oh dear  :(
how old is Clapton Mark?

He is about 11. He has some kind of black mottling on his chin. He just doesn't look right and is terrified of me now  :(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 09:56:39 AM »
I tried to give him some wet RC. He jumped off the bed and seemed to want it but sniffed it and got back on the bed. I then tried his favourite - Whiskas chicken in gravy and he did the same thing. I put the bowl on the bed and he started licking the gravy then yelped again and ran to the other side of the bed cowering. I went and washed my hands and then tried to look in his mouth. I got a quick look before he yaped again and ran away downstairs and is hiding in the undergrowth. I noticed there was a bit of blood on my hand so I phoned the vet. They know how vet visits nearly kill him so have said to keep an eye and they will come tomorrow - It sounds like an ulcer. I asked about Metacam and she said if he has had it before, it should be fine to give him one dose as long as he eats with it but not on its own.  :(

Willow seems better in herself and had licked all the gravy last night with the cytease and 1 drop of metacam in. Again, will keep an eye on her and she can be seen tomorrow at the same time as Clapton. As it is, I never did get my brakes fixed and they were really grinding this morning so have to drop the car off at KwikFit at 11am who may or may not be able to fix it straight away but told me I can't drive until it has been looked at (which is a bummer as I was meant to meet a friend in Canterbury at 1pm  :( )
If they can fix it, I will meet her (sorry to ramble)

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 09:41:30 AM »
 oh dear  :(
how old is Clapton Mark?

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 09:04:23 AM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
2 of mine off colour today. Willow poorly now.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 23:20:51 PM »
Clapton and Willow haven't eaten today and Willow has cysytitis again - with blood this time.  :(

I have left out 1/2 pouch of RC wet with a cystease capsule and 1 drop of metacam in (I know it isn't good for CFR but don't want her in pain).

Just hoping tomorrow is another day but Clapton is beginning to look quite haggard  :(
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 19:26:19 PM by Mark »

Link to CatChat