Author Topic: am so upset  (Read 1831 times)

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
Re: am so upset
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 21:06:34 PM »
All good advice from everyone but I definitely second the feliway diffuser (you can get from your vet or also online or at PAH) as although a little pricey, it's sooooo good and a vital for introducing new cats to each other.

Good luck at the vets, I hope they are on the mend soon  :hug:

Offline lisa281

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 20:31:56 PM »
 Thank you gill , gillian and millys mum , Hopefully i will get my babies sorted and i want to say a big thankyou for all the advice eveyone has been so nice  :Luv: :hug:
I know its my own fault for taking on a sick kitty but she is soo adorable she stole my heart  :Luv:
and rosie is my life and will allways be top kitty even if shes being a moody moo at the moment  :)

Myspace Glitter Graphics
RIP BABY PORTIA - APR-JUL 09 xxxx

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 20:14:18 PM »
If rosie hasnt eaten anything for 2 days then make sure the vet takes you seriously, not eating can make them very poorly very quickly so dont be put off by a receptionist  ;)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 20:10:52 PM »
If Portia has had too many abs then is likely thats her problem and Lacto B will solve it but it takes a few days. She sounds exactly like Franta was and it took about 3-5 days for the lacto B to work. Its just one dose of fine powder in the food a day, Its so fine you just mix it in and it vanishes.

You can get it from Vets UK.

Rosie maybe just upset but best to check with the vet

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 20:09:56 PM »
as i was a cat virgin before i got them (sorry ), im still learning and didnt do the intro thing but they are lying on the sofa together at the moment  :Luv: even though rosie has her back to portia  :)

Oh yes of course - I can see the pic of them together in your sig -  :stupid: Anyway, that doesnt sound too bad that they are on the sofa together (even if Rosie has her back to Portia LOL), but Rosie still may be feeling a little put out by the new kid and it might be why she's not eating. Hopefully the vet can sort them both out.  :hug:

Offline lisa281

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 19:23:14 PM »
 as i was a cat virgin before i got them (sorry ), im still learning and didnt do the intro thing but they are lying on the sofa together at the moment  :Luv: even though rosie has her back to portia  :)

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 19:09:38 PM »
And rosie is completely puzzling me  :Crazy:

Its not unusual for existing cats to be upset with the introduction of a new one, and you've not had Rosie long either have you? so she's really still settling in too. I presume you are keeping them separate for now, and letting, Rosie in particular, get used to the scent of the new kitten before face to face intros? I'd also get some Feliway diffusers plugged in, that might go someway to helping Rosie accept the newcomer.  :hug:

Offline lisa281

• Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 17:25:39 PM »
 thanks sam but portia has already had some anti b's that her previous owner was giving her ( for longer than was stated on them  >:( ) shes eating well and drinking well she just seems to drip poo from her bottom or when she farts it comes out and it smells bed :sick:

And rosie is completely puzzling me  :Crazy:

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 17:19:44 PM »
Sorry to hear the girls are poorly .... appartently, according to my vet, there are quite a few "bugs" going round at the moment.  When I took Zephyr in last week he said he had seen almost a dozen kitties in the previous 2 days suffering with the same symptoms as my boy.   I would say a trip to the vet and a quick check up (probably followed by a course of antibiotics) and the girls shold be boucing round again  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline lisa281

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 17:16:10 PM »
portia was harding up yesterday but this morning was runny again  :(

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Offline lisa281

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 17:12:39 PM »
 i have tried all those things for portia and im really not sure whats up with rosie  , i have tried tempting her to eat tuna etc but she just wont eat and has stayed upstairs all day  :(

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 17:08:46 PM »
Sorry to hear this, :hug: Is Rosie upset over the new kitten do you think?

What have you tried for Portia's diarrhea? Have you tried just plain cooked chicken for a few days and then slowly reintroduce her normal food? What about a probiotic? that might be worth a try, but I think you are wise to see the vet about them anyway.  :hug:

Offline lisa281

• Senior Cat
am so upset
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 16:48:21 PM »
 A m so upset at the moment

first portia is getting no better and now rosie hasn't eaten for two days  :(
I have tempted rosie with tuna but she wont eat and portia is still squiting , guess its off to the vets for my two  :'(

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Link to CatChat