Author Topic: Aggressive Cat  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Angeladeedah

• Senior Cat
Re: Aggressive Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 08:59:56 AM »
I've tried that before too but he was just as aggressive.  He appears to be back to normal today but that has taken from Tuesday lunchtime until this morning.   I might give that Feliway a try for next time.  Harvey has to go to the vets at least every 3 months for a check-up for his heart murmur so we go frequently.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 16:24:08 PM »
I know how upsetting it is and the only thing I could suggest is that you take them both to the vets but I know thats not ideal
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Angeladeedah

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 16:14:31 PM »
Thanks.  I've tried rubbing Harvey with one of the fleeces from the house just before I take him into the house but this has made no difference whatsoever.

It makes it a very unhappy home for a few days and I also don't really know what to do for best.   Ignore Ollie and let him and Harvey get on with it or spray him with water whenever he does it?

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 15:32:58 PM »
One of my Bengals reacts the same when we get back from shows with Teeko - it is down to the strange smells apparantly.  The last time we went I sprayed the carrier with Felliway and sponged Teeko down before we went indoors and although Harry was a bit hostile it was no where near as bad as in the past.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Angeladeedah

• Senior Cat
Aggressive Cat
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 15:23:36 PM »
I had one of my cats at the vets on Tuesday morning - he was with the cardiologist so he was gone approx. 5 hours.

When I have had to take him to the vets whenever we get back my other cat becomes aggressive and the length of time this goes on depends on how long Harvey has been out the house.   He is still attacking/hissing at Harvey now - 2 days later.

He attacks/hisses/growls at me for the first 24 hours then starts trying to be my friend but it will take a lot longer with Harvey.

It is very stressful for us all and I don't understand what is wrong with him.

Is it jealousy?  And what can I do? Would Feliway help with this sort of thing - I don't want to spend a lot of money on it if it isn't going to help?

Link to CatChat