Author Topic: Alternative wet food needed  (Read 1255 times)

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
Re: Alternative wet food needed
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 12:48:12 PM »
It was always a problem with the selection boxes anyway because Munchkin wouldn't eat the blue ones. He's temporarily taken to Iams pouches again but I bet it won't last!

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 08:54:53 AM »
CHarlie loves Bozita

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 19:45:39 PM »
I still have a hugh stash of old style NM, my lot only really like the juicy green ones  :tired:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 19:21:53 PM »
I can't say I'm devastated as mine wouldn't eat the NM after they changed the recipe.  It was all very odd as there would be old style pouches in the boxes alongside the newer ones.  I mean, I guess they are the new ones but the texture is more like the old ones - more visible jelly and not sticking to the pouch as much - and Jaffa would eat those ones fine but refuse to eat the other ones.  I will go and tell him the good news that there will be no more NM! (apart from the 2 boxes I already have in  :naughty:)

tesco do highish meat percentage in their luxury and finest range.  finest is shreded chicken but the luxury is more chopped (like hi life) - not really NM texture though.  Animonda carny?

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 11:26:13 AM »
Thanks for your ideas! I agree about Natures Menu- it was never the same after they changed the formula. Munchkin used to love the Beef & Heart and was never as keen on the Beef & Chicken so I think we would have needed an alternative anyway. I'll let you know what he finally decides upon!

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 19:57:07 PM »
You might try Schmusy from Zooplus?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 19:31:13 PM »
Tesco are very low meat compared to NM so he may not like lol
I would get to PAH and buy up stock, they will still have lots in.

Animonda carny is a meaty alternative to NM, zooplus sell it (link at bottom of the page!)

Im glad they have gone bust  :evillaugh:  serves them right for messing up their recipies and changing to EU production  :P

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 14:33:34 PM »
Thanks Liz- I'll give the Tesco one a go. He hasn't liked any of the gourmet cat foods I've tried. Why are they so contrary? (bless them...)  :innocent:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 14:23:21 PM »
Tesco Supermeat pouches are similar in look you could also try gourmet it comes in all sorts of varieties
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
Alternative wet food needed
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 13:53:32 PM »
I rang the local Pets Corner to order some more beef & chicken Natures Menu only to discover Natures Menu have gone into administration! Latest victim of credit crunch I suppose although apparently someone is taking them over next year. However, I now need an alternative for The Munchkin who won't touch Applaws, Tesco Finest, Iams (other than very occasionally) or any of the other 'good' wet varieties I've tried. He's eating Sheba at the moment which he likes, but which I don't like giving him exclusively as I'm sure its not very good for him. He's happy with RC dried thankfully. I need a Natures Menu alternative- something meaty with no 'bits' in (rice, cheese, veg, etc) and not a 'pate style' one (he doesn't like them either). Any suggestions?? Thanks!

Link to CatChat