Author Topic: What to do when kitten poo's around the house??  (Read 1226 times)

Offline burstingbug

• Adult Cat
Re: What to do when kitten poo's around the house??
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 19:35:40 PM »
She's about 11 weeks  :Luv:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 19:34:36 PM »
If she is loose it could be she is getting caught short and returning to those spots as bicarb wont be dealing with the smell. Use biological washing powder or simple solution.

An extra tray of very fine litter would be worth a try before crating her, how old is she now?

Offline burstingbug

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 09:44:33 AM »
Thanks, I might look at getting another litter then. Just don't understand why she uses it sometimes and not others  :shify:
There was more poo in our bedroom at half 5 this morning  :tired:
Her poos are still splats with no shape, so may look at changing her diet too.

Might put her in a crate which will drive her and Mischief nuts  :shy:

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 06:10:57 AM »
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,17810.msg302971.html#msg302971

Hi see some good advice that I was given when my friend was having the same problem with her kitten.  It worked for her.  Give it a try and hopefully you will get good results.

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 03:14:44 AM »
I really dont know, I have a 6yo cat that still poos on the kitchen floor/ bath  :shify:

Even when the tray has just been cleaned he will not poop in it, although he will wee in it everytime

If she is just using the one spot could you put something there to deter her? Though she might just go next to it  :evillaugh:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 00:27:25 AM »
Your kitten might not like the wood pellets - a bit hard maybe.

Try some softer litter like sand/grain, it is similar price to the pellets.

Good luck
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline burstingbug

• Adult Cat
What to do when kitten poo's around the house??
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 20:50:08 PM »
Petal has a poo problem! She will use the litter tray when she wants to, but other times she has taken to pooing in one spot in the dining room and another spot in our bed room.

We clean up her poo and put bi carb of soda on top to help with the smell, however, this is not deterring her.

Both cats are quite happy to share a large litter tray, however, I have now put a second tray in the dining room where her chosen corner is.

I have tried wood pellets, sophisticat and a natures kitten litter which is supposed to have things in it to encourage kittens to use the tray.
Tried lining the bottom of the tray with newspaper, without it, with a tray liner with and with out newspaper.

Gone back to my original newspaper and wood pellets.

When we first got her, she was kept confined to the bathroom for the first week where the 'main' litter tray is, so she does know where to go.

All suggestions gratefully received.

Link to CatChat