Author Topic: What is the right thing to do for my Phoebe?/Healing vibes for Phoebe please, sh  (Read 14812 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
If actions speak louder than words I hope smileys speak louder than actions!  :Luv: :hug:

:care: :ahh: :grouphug:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Aw sweetie, I hope Phoebe had a good night and she feels like eating a bit more today  :hug:

Give her a gentle head rub from me and Max, and a huge  :hug: for you xx

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
I am so sorry that you have had such a bad day Pav, and bless you for thinking of the little black cat. I hope Phoebe has a good night and that the steroids help her a lot.
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Hope that the steroid helps her Pav and she starts to perk up soon.  So glad the other kitty was seen to too. it so annoys me when people have pets and they can't look after them properly, hugs to Phoebe and you  :hug: :hug:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 06:04:26 AM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Poor Phoebe, make sure she stays warm  and hope the steroid helps her  :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Thankyou every one. :grouphug:

We came home around 7 but had to sit with her in the dark because she was still very sleepy. The blood test shows her urea at 18 and creatinine 221 , the vet said is not that high so the twitching is not caused by her kidneys. He thinks its in her head and said in this case the steroid usually stops the twitching, she really shouldnt take any steroids because of her kidney but he said there are so many things wrong in her case that we just have to do our best to manage it in the best way :(
The ultrasound confirms that she has IBD, the wall in her intestine is thickened and inflamed , again the steroid should help her a bit. He has put her on steroids for 30 days to see how she react and if she start eating and stop getting sick and also with twitching he also doesn't want to give her injection because the tablets he can control and cut down if necessary, now i have to give her 7 tablets a day in total its going to be so hard :( He wants to see her in one month time. As for her diet i need to get some advise here from the people who know but i leave that for tomorrow , just so tired that i cant think straight. The x-ray shows  her lung is damaged too he said some thing about inhaling some thing when the old vet did the test for IBD, i cant remember the name it was some thing with B, which he thinks she inhaled because she was awake at the time ! I will call tomorrow and ask he said now her lung looks like a tree it sound scary but he said its done and nothing can be done now.Her coat is in a very bad condition full of dandraff and matted so she was shaved all over even her tail, my poor baby but its because she is not well.
I asked the nurse if she has heard anything from the owner of the black cat and she said she had a call from the hospital in North London asking about his history so it means the owner took him after all >:( Thank god there are still people like that woman who cared to bring him to the vets.
Once again thankyou to all you wonderfull people in purrs, i am proud to be a member here. :hug: :hug:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
What an emotional time Pav  :hug: I hope Pheobe will be home with you very soon.  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Sending lots of love and good vibes for Phoebe  and hope that owner will take the poor cat to the vets....you are soooooo kind  :hug: :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
I'm so sorry, it all sounds so overwhelming at the moment. Just sending lots of hugs and hope that things improve with Phoebe. Sorry too that you got caught in the middle of such a distressing scene with the other little cat. Please look after yourself too  :hug: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Poor black cat. :( And what a lovely thing to do, to offer to help in that way. :hug:

Hope Phoebe is doing well; and you as well. :care:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Thinking of Phoebe and yourself Pav and hoping that everything is okay..... :Luv: :hug: :hug:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Hoping for good news Pav  :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Pav you are such a wonderful caring lady i am so proud to know you hun.

That goes for me too.  Hoping for positive news from the vet  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
 :hug: sweetie... thinking of Phoebe and you xx

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Aw Pav, you are such a sweet lady with a big BIG heart!  :Luv:

so agree with that  :Luv:
Pav you are such a wonderful caring lady i am so proud to know you hun.
Sending all my love,prayers and hugs over to you and Phoebe.  :hug:  :hug:
I so hope she will be ok and the vet can help.

I hope the man will take the little cat to the vets, you're so right they shouldn't be allowed to have any pets if they can't care for them.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Awww, Pav  :hug: I once had a similar experience at the vets and cried my eyes out I still think of it now, poor you.  Hopefully the vet will able to make Phoebe more comfortable and help her and hope that other little one is helped too.  When you feel a bit more settled if you want a chat you know you can ring me :hug:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 15:54:14 PM by Janeyk »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
big hugs for you pav

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
Big  :hug: for you Pav, thinking of you Hun and keeping everything crossed for Phoebe.

Love, huggles and healing vibes for Phoebe xxx  and for the other poor cat that was in the vets xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Awww hunnie  :hug:

Sending positive vibes for Phoebe, and hope you don't have to wait too long to hear from the vet  :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat

Sending positive vibes for a good phone call from the vet!  :Luv: :hug: :hug:

Couldn't have put it better  :hug: Sending positive vibes  :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site

Sending positive vibes for a good phone call from the vet!  :Luv: :hug: :hug:

Go and have a nice cuppa!  ;)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
 Thankyou. :hug: I had to leave her there, she needs to be sedated for blood test and the vet saw her twitching, he said in some cats with kidney disease this happens but if its not her kidney causing the twitching then its neurological :( He is going to do an x-tray and ultrasound.
Her tummy looks bloated but then she has put on 700 grams since her last visit so it may be just the weight, i told him how she goes to her tray but then start shaking her tail and wee out side like a male cat spraying and it must be because she is not well, i thought she would stop this now that Boy is not here but she is still doing it!
I also asked him if the level of urea and creatinine is higher than last time what else could be done he said add binder to her food but i have tried and she wont touch the food :(  I have to wait now till he calls me back.
Its just been such a terrible day as i was parking the car out side the surgery, i saw this old woman going in with a black cat wrapped in a small cushion cover, so we went in and she was crying and telling the nurse the cat hasn't had anything to eat or drink for 3 days, she couldnt speak english and kept saying is not her cat but please help her so the nurse looked in computer and called the owner, apparently the cat was seen by a vet and needed tests but the owner doesn't want to pay i dont know who was this woman but she  :(kept saying please help the cat he spent £160.00 and now he not want to pay, god it was so upsetting the poor cat didn't know what was happening :'( So i told the nurse cant you do something and she said the owner doesn't want to do the tests so we cant help , the woman couldnt understand what the nurse was saying , so the nurse called back the guy and told him if he is on low income he can take the cat to Harmsworth but he has to wait few hours by this time i was so upset i started crying and the vet came out and i told him if he can see this cat and i pay the bill but he said no because he needs lots of test and there were people waiting so i had to go in, when i came out i asked the nurse and she said the owner said he will take him to harmsworth , oh i wish i could do something now i am sitting here crying for Phoebe and that poor cat, i dont understand why people have the pets if they cant look after them that woman was saying the guy has dogs but he doesn't want to pay for the cat, i cant get the poor thing out of my head now.I Better go and do some work to keep me busy till the vet calls. Once again thank you every one. :hug: :hug:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 14:49:29 PM by pappilon »

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Hope all went okay at the vets Pav....Am thinking of you and Phoebe..... :Luv: :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
 :hug: Pav
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Oh Pav, hopefully the vet will be able to give her something to help, I'll be thinking of you :hug:

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Sending tons of vibes your way sweetie for you and Phoebe  :hug: :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Oh pav  :hug: :hug:

Sending lots of good wishes and hope the vet can help Phoebe  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Oh no - sending lots of vibes. :care:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Sunday night she was sick yellowish fluid and since then she has stoped eating :( i have tried every thing and she is just not interested.She is eating lots of grass since yesterday and drinking loads she also looks very subdued. It must be her kidneys :(
I called the vet and they are seeing her at 11.45 this morning please send her some good wishes i cant loose her too so soon. :'( :'(

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: What is the right thing to do for my Phoebe?
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2008, 02:21:35 AM »
Pav, I spoke to and also emailed Elaine as regards Phoebe and she has suggested reading the felinecrf.org site as it explains alot about blood pressure, over active thyroids and blood chemistry.  Also, she is prepared to offer any advice she can as she has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to these sorts of things.  I will pm you her number and vice versa in case you can't get hold of her  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2008, 18:35:09 PM »
Pav
 :hug:

So sorry to hear about Phoebe and all the hassle you have had with the vets.

I'm another one who's been crushing felimazole - for the past 3 years plus (Martha was 19 at time of diagnosis, so pills were the only realistic option & this is the only way she will take the medication).  She also caught flu earlier in the year, poor girl was hoarse for several days (and I missed my dawn alarm!)

Hope Phoebe's ok and Boy doesn't catch it.

Jas
 X   

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2008, 11:24:15 AM »
I can't advise but just to offer a  :hug:

They have wonderful new facilities at the Mayhew - we had a tour - so I hope they'll be able to help you, Pav,  I'm sure the vet said they take in external cases.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2008, 11:10:12 AM »
Just saw your update Pav. Will call you in a bit.  :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2008, 09:28:20 AM »
Fingers crossed that Boy doesn't pick it up Pav, and at least this means they cant operate on Phoebe yet.

Thanks MM
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2008, 20:20:10 PM »
Sugar/film coatings hide the taste of nasty drugs (note the thick one on drontals  :evillaugh: )  enteric coatings break down past the stomach in the intestines and theres also slow release coatings, so all do a different job.
The main risk with crushing felimazole is actually to the human: if pregnant/a woman of child bearing age as its a teratogon <sp>

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2008, 18:07:59 PM »
It's possible Boy could get it Pav especially with his immune system being as it is.  If you bring Phoebe home I would suggest trying to keep them separate just in case and wash hands etc before touching Boy.  It sounds as if it's stress related with Phoebe but fingers crossed she's just got a mild dose and hopefully Boy won't get it  :hug:  :hug:

Thinking of you hun and you know where I am if you need me  :hug:  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2008, 15:37:14 PM »
Phoebe has caught cat flu while she was in the vets :( >:(  Does anyone know if it can be harmfull to Boy? Boy has Lymphoma and is on steroids and Leukeran and Felimazole!

I did ask the vet but she was from different surgery and didnt know about Boy treatment there and was insisting that Phoebe has to take Vidalta but higher dose and i kept saying but she cant take Vidalta cos thats what has caused the low white blood cells and she kept saying umm what doyou mean , until i went through everything again and then she said sorry i havent read the whole file , i am from different surgery >:( This was over the phone this morning so with her advise re catflu , i just wanted to see if any one knows anything. She said its mild catflu .

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2008, 15:12:21 PM »
The idea of sugar coating is so they are released slowly but I think with problem cats getting them down is the main thing.  I questioned Sean about this as Becky's liver tablets are huge so she was only prescribed half daily, they have to be cut into quarters to get them down her, on the label it said to give them whole so I was a little concerned.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2008, 14:33:21 PM »
Very interesting that more than one vet OK's them to be crushed, yet the tub I have says dont break or crush - I assumed they were sugar coated for that reason

We used to crush them at the cattery, however a vet then told us that they shouldnt be crushed as they are slow release and by crushing them they are absorbed too quickly into the blood stream

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2008, 07:48:20 AM »
Very interesting that more than one vet OK's them to be crushed, yet the tub I have says dont break or crush - I assumed they were sugar coated for that reason
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat