Author Topic: any suggestions  (Read 3504 times)

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
Re: any suggestions
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2007, 18:43:26 PM »
saffron i didi ask about the exigent but te vet said he didnt have any but did have the a/d

i am going bck soon and we are going to decided on a long term solution to her diet but shes doing well had a bit of the runs today but shes well so think it must be the change in diet

saffron

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2007, 22:17:09 PM »
pleased to here everything is ok with Mango, did you remember to ask about  R/Canin the exigent. I have a small cat & it worked for her & when one of my other cats was under the weather she had the exigent aswel

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2007, 21:35:27 PM »
wow what a lovely marking and colour

mango has been to the vets she has had her booster , her heart is fine and he says that she is a little thin but she is also a small cat so he has given me some a/d to try to build her up he says if she does well on it then she can have it in dry form and that i/d might be better for her later but he wants to see her in 3 wk

she ate a little which i am pleased at cause shes a fussy eater . The vet says that her body takes what it needs from the i/d but it is normally for sick or old age cats but it might build her up then onto the i/d to maintain it . She seems more playfull tonight !

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2007, 21:33:29 PM »
My goodness she is good, how about a dry fluffy picture  ;D

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2007, 17:40:06 PM »
Yep - she doesnt mind that either - here she is

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2007, 19:44:21 PM »
But did she like the water from the shower  ;D

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2007, 19:21:21 PM »
Heres one I dried earlier LOL!

Not one of mine - this is a customer cat, she's a very good puss and likes the warm air from the drier.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2007, 17:02:19 PM »
Oh me too - just adore colourpoints of any variety!

I think its because people think that all the oils are stripped out of the coat - but actually, as you know,  the coat recovers very quickly, within a day or so, and no harsh shampoos are used. It was the breeder of some of mine who showed me how to do it when I had my first persians from her, 10 yrs or so ago, and she should know - at the time she had 29 persians, alll kept beautifully. It certainly helps if they are started early with the bathing, then it just becomes routine. I hardly have to do any combing in between baths, because they just don't tangle up, except a bit round the ruff - where they dribble their water etc  ;D

Hope the appointment went well.

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2007, 11:14:30 AM »
gillian i checked out your webite well done on the grooming salon
i could absolutly eat sam  :Luv: i am parcial to a cream and a colourpoint , chinnys also , oh hec i could just have them all  :rofl:

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2007, 11:09:45 AM »
thankyou all we have a app tomorrow at 3 pm
hi gillian thanks for the support with the bath thing , i seem to hate mentioning to people i bath my persian as i get really negative feedback but like i say i have done the reserch and she has never had a mat or tangle
i know she feels better also cause she gives herself a extra grrom when bathed and when dry plays a lot as if she feels happier

saffron

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2007, 11:06:43 AM »
the exigent is a special feed to help the fussiest of cats gain a good appetite & I only gave the warning not to feed her all the time because there was a study done, where it was found that owners were not varying their cats diet just kept them on this special food,not following the guide lines & making their cats obese.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 07:32:44 AM »
Do let us know what the vet thinks - you might be best off ordering the RC Exigent through a different source, it is one of the pricier RC foods but you can get it online, and some places do a discount. You can get it in a 400g bag to see if she will like it, but I thought you could feed it all the time?
Please spay your cat

saffron

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2007, 00:11:36 AM »
How old is Mango, is she a small persian & how long has she been getting thin?
It is good she is due for her booster then the vet can check her out.  I hope it all goes well for her, please keep us posted   :hug:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 00:04:08 AM »
i
I think most people who have persians bath them once a month as you can really get down to there undercoat which is like fluff to make sure its comed through properly ( i do know what i,m doing as i am a qualified dog groomer ) And i also wouldnt bath her if she wouldnt let me blow dry her as she takes up to a hour to dry and comb out with the hair dryer. Leaving persians damp is a big no no.

Absolutely agree! Its the best way to keep persian coats tangle free. I bath and blow dry all my 7 Persians, usally about every 6 wks, and I encourage all my persian owning customers (I'm a cat groomer) to bring them for bath and blow dry, to help them manage their coats. It definitely prevents knots from forming.

Persians mature quite slowly, so at a year old, she's not got to her full size yet anyway, so I wouldnt worry, especially if the vet thinks she's ok weight for her age. I think too, all longhair cats appear thin when wet from the bathing because its just such a huge contrast to their big coats when they are dry.

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 22:37:57 PM »
right i am taking mango for her booster this wk so i am going to have her weighed and checked and have wrote dowm about the a/d and the r/canin exigent and am going to ask the vet . should i beable to feel and count the bumpy bones on her spine when i stroke her ? it feels awful :(

saffron

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 18:42:41 PM »
can I suggest you try a small bag of R/Canin Exigent 35/30, I was worried by 1 of my 3 persians who would eat small amounts & it has improved her appetite. She could have as a little treat or add to her normal biscuits BUT do not keep her on the food permantley, just add now & again

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 07:37:31 AM »
I would ask your vet's opinion, you could ask them if they think kitten food would help, or ask if they think a/d once a week would help her.
Please spay your cat

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 16:19:18 PM »
she loves it she rolls over

ccmacey

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 16:15:04 PM »
 :rofl: The mental picture of a hairdryed cat. Especially a Persian
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 16:16:04 PM by ccmacey »

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 11:40:56 AM »
i have also a silver domestic shorthaired tabby called moomin she does not have a bath at all and i wouldnt attempt it. ;)
she does get brused though just to make her feel a little pampered too 

I think most people who have persians bath them once a month as you can really get down to there undercoat which is like fluff to make sure its comed through properly ( i do know what i,m doing as i am a qualified dog groomer ) And i also wouldnt bath her if she wouldnt let me blow dry her as she takes up to a hour to dry and comb out with the hair dryer. Leaving persians damp is a big no no.

Ela thanks for your concern  :shy: i didnt meen to bite its just that i love mango so much and look after her like shes one of my children , i wanted a persian for 2 yrs and read up for those 2 yrs before i got her.
I know what you were getting at now and no i wouldnt advise bathing any other cat , moomin claws me and makes me bleed when i put her spot on flea and wormers on  :evillaugh:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 08:29:34 AM »
I know how to care for my persian i have reserched it well ,she

I don't doubt that for one minute., but you would be surprised how many people bath there cats weekly, even the short haired moggies and many spray them after with their favorite perfume. I am sure you will agree this is absolutely not the thing to do.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Amanda (mad4moggies)

• Adult Cat
  • RIP Spot 18/04/11 - Missed more than words can say
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 21:35:52 PM »
Is she spayed yet?

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 20:58:13 PM »
Ela , it is recommended in the breed information that a persian is bathed once a month

I do bath Mango once a month as although she is very good at cleaning herself she has a very long  thick coat and it gets greesy , and matted and holds litter in her paws and around her bum

I know how to care for my persian i have reserched it well ,she is groomed every day and eyes cleaned and bum checked  , bathed once a month and hair dryed
the vet has said she is in excellent condition and has a really lovely coat , the best he has seen in a long time and a excellent temp to go with it .

I do think she should have a little more weight on though

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 20:38:59 PM »
Really it is your vet who need to advise you on this,  a larger cat is not necessarily a healthy cat, and I am sure you know it is not a good idea to bath/shower cats unless it is absolutely necessary.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
any suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 20:33:40 PM »
hey up , mi persian mango eats JWB dry food and gets tuna as well as a treat a few times a wk and gourmet supream meat but doesnt like anything eles

she does eat but only tiny amounts and i can feel her spine bone and ribs

the vet says she is ok as she is just 1yr she is still growing and will put on weight . But when she is in the shower she looks terribly thin

is there any high fat food i could get her that she would love , she doesnt like any meat in gravy or chicken or pilchards or fish
i just want to get some meat on her

Link to CatChat