Author Topic: Cat going crazy  (Read 2900 times)

Offline kris

• Adult Cat
Re: Cat going crazy
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2008, 14:30:24 PM »
Well sensitive ?! If you would meet her she would growl and hiss at you but I know under all that black fuer she is a little sweetie well a diva  :briggin:

Well exactly under every diva there is a sensitive wee sould really  ;)

Offline Vanessa

• Kitten
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2008, 14:21:36 PM »
Well sensitive ?! If you would meet her she would growl and hiss at you but I know under all that black fuer she is a little sweetie well a diva  :briggin:

Offline kris

• Adult Cat
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 14:05:30 PM »
When I was trying to get a wee sample I just emptied the tray of litter and put a plastic carrier bag (clean) in the bottom instead and then poured the resulting pee into a clean contact lens case, my elderly puss had bladder stones that took a wee while to be diagnosed so I became quite expert at it  :evillaugh:

Hope the feliway helps a bit, poor pussycat she sounds a sensitive wee soul.

Offline Vanessa

• Kitten
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 13:30:31 PM »
Well just a quick update

Got plug in today; so plugged in straight away. Hopefully it will work. She hasn't done any wees anymore - from what I noticed but she can be sneaky :innocent: so will have prober sniff around tomorrow.

Still haven't got urine sample but keep trying!  Just trying at the moment not to upset her  ;)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 17:08:43 PM »
If you cant get a sample your vet can easily take one directly  ;D
I wouldnt rehome her until the results come back but it does sound as tho stress is a likely culprit  :(

Offline Vanessa

• Kitten
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 13:42:19 PM »
each of them has one. Do cats always use the same litter tray or are they swopping?

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 13:34:01 PM »
Forgot to ask does Tequila have access to a litter tray?
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Vanessa

• Kitten
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 13:27:37 PM »
Yes Tequilla goes outside at night as she is to nervos to go during the day. (Nearly got hit by car a couple of years ago) I think she would be most happy if dogs and children would go and never come back. Well which is no option at least with the children! My daughter used to 2 built -in -wardrobe in her room and we took one out and she didn't like it . The one thats left she always uses it to sleep. I think she was most happy when it was just me and her as I remember it took her a long time to get used to hubby and till now they still have a love/hate relationship. Normally they fine with each other when I am not around but last time I went away she was not happy at all.  she was always a very spoilt cat but we always had the weeing problem from time to time.  Remember when I was 36 weeks pregnant standing on the kitchen bench as puss had weed on top of kitchen cupbord! :-[

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 13:25:32 PM »
Hello Vanessa and   :welcome:  to Purrs

So sorry to hear about the problems that you are having with Tequila, I know what it is like and very worrying when you have small children.  If there is a favourite place that Tequila goes to the toilet you could try putting a saucer of biscuits near to that area because cats do not like to toilet near food.  However, as Tequila appears to be toileting anywhere and everywhere it is obviously very difficult for you.  Yes I would try the feliway plug in, it may help.

Good luck, take care and keep us posted.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 13:24:24 PM »
Deff sounds like stress to me too !
dogs, Kids, new cat, living upstairs....its all too much for her.

Yes try Feliway, it takes a couple of weeks for it to start to work but its worth ago

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 13:08:47 PM »
She has clear signs of stress related cystits?

I have to agree that it may well be Bisuit finally tipped the scales in terms of territory. How big is your home environment? Are your cats allowed outside access? Was Tequila seemingly quite happy until Biscuit appeared?

Oh, welcome to Purrs by the way! :shy:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Vanessa

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 12:56:35 PM »
Does anybody think if I would buy one of this feline plug-ins would help her? I don't really want to rehome any of them but with weeing in my childrens beds it's getting to a point where I don't know anymore if I am doing the right thing.

Offline Vanessa

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 20:42:28 PM »
The vet felt her bladder and said it was totally empty and this was clear sign of cystitis. Trying at the moment to get a urine sample to hand in to the vets but is not very easy with catching her on the loo. :shy:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 18:45:36 PM »
 :welcome:

What tests did she have at the vets?

Offline kris

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 18:15:43 PM »
Don't get me wrong I don't want to rehome any of them but the whole situation is going crazy and she also did it in my daughters carseat. She is having tablets at the minute for cystistis maybe it will get better.

Such a shame but it may well be the one more cat tipped her over the edge in terms of not having any territory where she feels safe, can you imagine, first came children, then dogs, and now another cat... the horror  :'(  The page linked below has some good ideas about different litters and using feliway diffusers to relax her and the tablets might help her too.

Offline Vanessa

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 18:11:07 PM »
Don't get me wrong I don't want to rehome any of them but the whole situation is going crazy and she also did it in my daughters carseat. She is having tablets at the minute for cystistis maybe it will get better.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 18:07:50 PM »
The following may be of help:  http://www.wizz-catz.co.uk/soiling.html
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Vanessa

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 18:04:47 PM »
Should I be looking for a new home for Biscuit ? I don't know what to do!

Offline kris

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 18:01:51 PM »
Awww poor puss, it's worth another vet visit to make sure she isn't ill with anything but a clean bill of health would then seem to suggest that the new younger cat is the problem  :(

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 17:28:26 PM »
Sounds like stress to me with too much going on around her.  Poor Tequilla

Offline Vanessa

• Kitten
Cat going crazy
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 17:26:40 PM »
Hello everyone

this is the first time I am posting on this forum. Well it's a long story so bear with me but I don't know what to do anymore. My cat "Tequilla" has started weeing in the house on and off for a while. Took puss to vet, got diagnosed with cystitis stress related. She is 9 years old ( her birthday today) and been with me since she was 6 weeks old. She is not a very cuddly cat but likes to sleep on our bed at night if not outside.
Well we have two small children (1 and 4) and she is keeping her distance with them. Also we got two dogs which Tequilla doesn't like and normally puss lives upstairs and dogs downstairs. About 4 months ago we got a little kitten which is now 7 months and they get on okayish; wouldn't say tequilla likes the kitten but I always thought they were alright with each other.
Well just before easter tequilla started weeing in our bedroom( under the bed) I cleaned it all and thought well dog was upstairs and thats why she maybe marked it. Went away with kids over easter to my mothers but hubby stayed at home with animals. Got phone call from him saying she been weeing in our little girls cot and behind changing unit and toy box. He cleaned it all.  After that she was quiet for a couple of weeks but now we back to weeing. She did in my sons bed and wardrobe, his toybox and on the kitchen bench and the other night even in front of me on his toys. I don't know what to do anymore. Been thinking about rehoming her as she is maybe not happy here anymore as I watched her with the kids and she got uptight with them. I don't know if it's the kids that stress her or the new cat or the dogs or whole combination. Any advice needed Thanks Vanessa

Link to CatChat