Author Topic: Always ravenous  (Read 1342 times)

Offline kris

• Adult Cat
Re: Always ravenous
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 18:03:01 PM »
Thanks all - since swapping onto Bozita, sir's demands have become much less AND he has lost some weight, so I think it must have just been that the NM wasn't filling enough for him.  Much happier now with Bozita - with the added bonuses that it's cheaper and the poos produced are less stinky!

Excellent news all round  :evillaugh:

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 17:50:18 PM »
Thanks all - since swapping onto Bozita, sir's demands have become much less AND he has lost some weight, so I think it must have just been that the NM wasn't filling enough for him.  Much happier now with Bozita - with the added bonuses that it's cheaper and the poos produced are less stinky!

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 20:19:04 PM »
Charlie is the same!  Can't satisfy his appetite.  He is very active and has gained a small amount of weight but the vet said not to worry as he seems to be burning it off.  Worthwhile having a vet check though

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 19:55:03 PM »
A vet check would be a good idea, as would some exercise. I like the type that exercises the cats and not me! Dangly strings on rods are great; I can sit on the sofa and flip it from one side of the room to the other and just sit back and watch the cats running around.  :naughty:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 18:24:37 PM »
I would get him a vet check but it may just be his history. When milly & lola first arrived they hassled for food every half an hour so we settled on 4 meals a day  :tired:
You could try feeding him the same but spilt up into smaller offerings. Or you could get him a treat ball  ;D

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
Always ravenous
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 18:10:20 PM »
*waves*

Geoffrey is always asking for food - and I do mean always, including pretty much as soon as he's finished eating.  He is a big lad at over 7kg and spent the first 8 years of his life in a one bedroom flat before we adopted him.  He has been wormed and I would be inclined to think that it's just bad habit from having nothing to do but eat and sleep for 8 years, but did just wonder whethr there are any medical problems which could cause this as a symptom? (no other odd symptoms)

Thanks!

Link to CatChat