Author Topic: well, three more have gone to the vet  (Read 2365 times)

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
Re: well, three more have gone to the vet
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2008, 11:09:34 AM »
What a beautiful boy he is!

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2008, 18:21:04 PM »
He is gorgeous. What a lovely face

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2008, 17:04:40 PM »
Hope you dont mind me posting this pic DM? I think Winston is such a lovely lad!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2008, 15:19:46 PM »
Well here's another one  :hug:  Glad the little fella is feeling better.  My Dragan had chronic pancreatitis for four years (one undiagnosed) so I know what it is like to have a sick animal.  Tell your sister to do the other thing

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2008, 14:43:25 PM »
Am glad that winston is starting to feel better now, fingers crossed you can keep things under control for him.
Please spay your cat

Dark Moon

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2008, 14:39:30 PM »
Thank you all (and happy Easter to those of you who celebrate such).

I really, really needed the hugs and support. My Winston is finally beginning to feel better. Condescended to eat something last night and then again this morning.

I know it's silly. I love all my babies - but Winston.......... Winston is....... I can't even begin to tell you how deeply I love that little cat. My sister has implied that he should be put down. She's wrong. She means well, but she's wrong. He does have a chronic condition that we struggle with, but mostly he is o.k.

Thank you all again.

I REALLY needed the hugs!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2008, 09:04:45 AM »
Hoping they are all feeling much better today  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008, 06:20:46 AM »
Poor Winston, I hope he feels better today.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 05:24:47 AM »
Here's hoping the gorgeous Winston is starting to pick up!  :Luv: :hug: :hug:

Dark Moon

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 11:14:51 AM »
Thanks all. Felix and 'she whose' are both better this morning, though still a bit rocky. My beloved Winston, however, is one very, very sick boy. I am sure he will be o.k. but right now........ Well, we'll just stay in here (my study - it's a 'forbidden room' to all but him) where I can keep him warm and quiet. Darn it though......

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008, 10:49:54 AM »
 :hug: :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 10:47:22 AM »
Aww, poor babies, hope they are all much better today, and please dont feel bad, they can't always tell us when they are ill, they need us to do things like this for them, to keep them healthy for years to come.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 10:41:03 AM »
Sending an army of  :hug: to your furbabes and yourself...... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hope they all pick up soon for you DM!  ;)

Dark Moon

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 22:57:54 PM »
I hope so. It's a long haul... and I fear I am the weak link in the chain....

Poor Hun......... he's sooooooooo bad just now. Mostly because of me.

I am over-reacting. I know that. I need to stay strong and do what must be done.  And I will.

But Damn...................  He was the tiniest boy ... I dug out of..... and wiped his poor baby eyes...and massaged his poor baby bladder......

Sorry. But this IS my boy. And I was just feeling in need of support and help.

I just really, really needed a hug tonight. Sorry -  but others seem able to ask.............

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 22:26:51 PM »
You had to be cruel to be kind!

Dark Moon

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 22:01:16 PM »
pounds... dollars.. lighter.... oh gosh yes........

Thankfully I (at the moment) have it. I haven't before.. and will very soon not again. But while I do......

Felix and Fan both feeling poorly but as expected.

My beloved Winnie...........

When I wrote he was curled up here on my mouse pad. His poor wee body shivering. I topped up the heat but...

He'll be o.k.  I guess.  But DAMN (sorry! If you can't even allow 'her' name I don't expect you can allow that!)

He is so little and so much my love and I hurt him today. It literally took two of us holding him down beneath a blanket to get this done...........

God but I adore this cat. And yet I hurt him...........

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 21:14:31 PM »
Phew what a day you had and I bet you came out of it ££££££s lighter too!

Dark Moon

well, three more have gone to the vet
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 18:03:52 PM »
This one the 'good' vet (i.e. she whom I use for things other than 'routine maintenance'). All 3 got all 3 shots (and this vet used a new needles for each shot for each cat! Whew!) and, as you all know, that is enough to put a damper on anyone's day!. But Felix.... well, we don't know what's wrong with him. It's not life threatening or anything but he obviously suffers a fair bit of discomfort. Could be irritable bowel syndrome. Have pills for him now to see if those will help. But he was a superbly good boy! Then 'she whose name must not be mentioned'. The sweetest of all my cats. And the best singer. But a lady of 'generous proportions'. Had begun to worry about diabetes. So in addition to her shots she had a blood sugar level done (it's at the high end of normal but still technically within range, so I just have to keep an eye on her). But speaking of eyes - years ago one of her beautiful gold eyes began to sport brown flecks. Now that one is almost completely brown. Vets have noticed it before but said nothing. This vet says it could be a tumour but as the iris still seems 'normal' in texture, may well not be. But have to keep an eye on that too.

Then there is poor Winston. My most loved. He went ballistic. Think of a rocket launching straight up. He is the smallest of my babies but man......... Anyway, he was wrapped in a blanket at the time and I had a death grip on him but even so...... I don't think the vet ever did get a really good look in his mouth. But he's not doing all that well. So we WILL be trying that antirobe but.... And then, as if that wasn't bad enough, it was his turn for his shots............

It's been a hard morning. He is curled up here on my mouse pad at the moment trying his best to get comfortable. But between the shots and the claw that got torn out in his struggles and all the muscle strain he no doubt experienced during the 'examination' ... poor boy can't have a part of him that doesn't hurt right now. Felix is curled up on my pillow (his normal sleeping spot) and 'she whose name' is likewise asleep on her lambs wool mat. Both feeling done in and likely to feel a bit worse as their immune systems begin to deal with the vaccines.

Been a hard, hard day. But mostly the outcome was good - or at least not as bad as it could have been.

But do you all feel like such the traitor as I do at these times? I KNOW all this is necessary, but gee........

Link to CatChat