Author Topic: Any experiences re: eye shake?  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: Any experiences re: eye shake?
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 15:38:01 PM »
I replied to your PM Harna  ;D

Offline Harna

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 15:11:07 PM »
ah - okay - I think that's where I went wrong.

Duh.
 :Crazy:

Thanks again!!!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 14:59:04 PM »
No worries ... I just did a search on "eye shake"  ;)

Note;  When doing a search always go to the home page first.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Harna

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 14:35:58 PM »
 :thanks:

Hey Sam,

yes! That was the one! (how did you find that - I looked using different search terms and couldn't find it - am I just really stupid?!   :Crazy: :wow:  :stupid:Thanks very much!)

I have IM'd Gillian(Ambercat) as you suggested - will hopefully put my mind at rest!

Thanks again - you're a star! :wish:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 14:19:09 PM »
Is this the thread?

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,11741.0.html

I notice that Gillian (Ambercat) has persians with "wobbly eyes" maybe you could drop her a PM to see if she has any advice.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Harna

• Senior Cat
Any experiences re: eye shake?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 13:51:45 PM »
Hello,

I remember seeing on a thread recently a post about a cat that had a slightly shaky eye which was diagnosed as a neurological problem that did not have a good prognosis. Does anyone remember this - I can't find it now and I am rather worried about my own cat.

Basically, I adopted a blue-point persian (Anoosh) from the RSPCA in November 2006. She was picked up (with another persian) as a stray and we took both of them in - they were in terrible condition; weighing less than 2kg each, matted, covered in fleas and with ringworm. The RSPCA told us that their vet had taken a look at Anoosh's eye because there was a slight cloudyness about it, but the conclusion was that it was an old, healed injury/infection and that there should be no lasting problem. (it's not immediately noticeable.) Obviously, I had my own (trusted & respected) vet check her out, too. His conclusion was the same but I also mentioned to him the fact that the same eye seems to quiver on occasion - very slightly and you really have to be concentrating on it - it's usually when Anoosh is looking up. I also showed him that her ribs felt very springy; not like other Persians I have had, whose ribs felt like bone, as they should. He suggested that she was very highly bred and that she may actually have been in-bred, causing the softer bones. Everything else about her is fine; she is healthy and happy and an amazingly friendly and chatty little cat.

But, after reading the post that said that a vet had diagnosed eye shake as being a degenerative neurological condition, I am worried! Can anyone remember this post or offer any advice based on experience of the same as I would like to be able to have extra information before potentially returning to my vet.

Thanks!

Does anyone know

Link to CatChat