Author Topic: Anyone elses cat obsessed with a toy/game?  (Read 3290 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Anyone elses cat obsessed with a toy/game?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 16:31:57 PM »
Taz is obsessed with the tear off strips from the bozita cartons. When you add a free cardboard fruit box into the equation its better than his £12 3 way tunnel   :tired:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 16:08:52 PM »
Archie goes crazy for Da Mousey  :evillaugh:

Offline Lily

• Adult Cat
  • Lily
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 09:15:48 AM »
Yes, it's a turbo scratcher.  It took her quite a while to play with it herself and it's quite noisy but apart from that a good buy.

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 18:40:59 PM »
Josh has a rather unhealthy feather-fetish and has destroyed many a feathered friend (not real birdies though...). Smokey's a little more common. His favourite things are random stuff he finds lying around the house (a receipt, tissue-paper, toes etc...) and a pop-up tent I bought from the pound shop!
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 16:07:23 PM »
She also has the round thing with a ball that runs round the edges and a cardboard scratching thingy in the middle.  Once she gets the ball rolling she bats it about for ages even lying on her back and on top of it cos she tires herself out on it.  Hasn't touched the scratch pad in the middle, she much prefers my carpets and rugs.

Is that a turbo scratcher?  I want to get one for Maxy boy  :wow:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Lily

• Adult Cat
  • Lily
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 15:48:34 PM »
Lily goes mad for 'Da Bird', she's nearly destroyed her first one so the replacement feathers are on order.  I also got the mouse attachment which she adores.  I can quite easily play with her for over an hour alternating feathers and mouse, each time she's transfixed as if it's a completely new toy.

She also has a penchant (spelling?) for cardboard boxes, so much so I loathe to throw them out.  I really am turning into a mad cat woman with trillions of old boxes about the place!  She hides in the smaller ones, chases her tail in the larger ones and also chews the edges or uses them to give herself a good old scratch.

She also has the round thing with a ball that runs round the edges and a cardboard scratching thingy in the middle.  Once she gets the ball rolling she bats it about for ages even lying on her back and on top of it cos she tires herself out on it.  Hasn't touched the scratch pad in the middle, she much prefers my carpets and rugs.

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 14:02:56 PM »
What is Da Bird?

Dark Moon

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 13:53:37 PM »
Diavolo.... well.... He was my Mum's last Siamese. Several synapses less than ... oh well.... He had lots of toys. But she got one - a perfectly innocent and totally ordinary toy. Roughly human shaped. She called it 'his Little Man'. And he carried it everywhere. Only time he wasn't carrying it, he was beating the stuffing out of it. Loved that foolish thing, he did........

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 13:51:48 PM »
Memph is soooooooooooooooooooooo obsessed with his Da Bird. He's figured out how to open the cupboard and steal it  :-: So now the cupboard has a child lock on it.
Other than that he's always seen with his leopard print catnip mouse. He's always playing with it/carrying it around/hugging it he  :Luv: that mouse.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 13:46:15 PM »
Dragan loved a dried flower and his Da Bird and Charlie loves his catnip mouse (sucks it like a dummy) and his new Da Bird which he got yesterday.  He is like a maniac with it and I have to ration him cos he ends up panting.

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 13:41:16 PM »
Oh Sylvester has a favourite - black mouse - had the damn thing for 10 years now - its battled throuhg countless cat attacks and countless washing machine attacks too  :evillaugh:

Dark Moon

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 13:33:38 PM »
As you might expect, we have several favourites. Each cat has his/her own, don't ya know. Some are more obsessed than others. Annabelle has her fuzzy balls - which she ignores completely during the day but hauls to bed (mine. Oops - what was I saying! OURS!) at night. I wake to find myself surrounded by them. For Oliver (long since crossed that bridge) it was bouncy balls. Hannibal was regal, but even he had his moments. Ping Pong champion of the Universe, he was. Even those of us who are painfully shy.... Show Niome a little fuzzy mouse and she goes nuts. Although her favourite toy is/are my bare toes. But only when I am seated on the 'throne'. (I wonder about her sometimes!) Currently we are mostly abusing the honeysuckle branch. I hauled in a couple after pruning last spring (last spring!  oooooooo so long ago........) and they have been well abused since. Only one survives. You'd think they would have long since destroyed whatever it is about it they like but lately........  Guess they are suffering from cabin fever too!

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 13:17:05 PM »
Lol, Max has got a stick with feathers on the end of it, and he goes mental for it.

His old one actually gets more attention than his nice new one, he's destroyed it completly so all that is left is a feathery stump at the end, but I'd never be forgiven if I threw it away, so we have a play with it every night.

He also loves his wiggly wagglers too  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
Anyone elses cat obsessed with a toy/game?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 12:33:07 PM »
My Elvis is obsessed with her stick - she will play fetch with it all day if she could and all evening she will sit on it and just stare up at me waiting for me to through it - it can get to the stage where she will sit and stare for an hour!    She will keep coming and tapping me to let me know.   Also if I am elsewhere in the house she will pop it in her mouth and come find me calling out constantly - its a certain type of call she does.

About 2 months a go I stepped on it accidently snapping it and as you can imagine I was devistated and ran straight out to buy her another!

The girl is just obsessed  :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat