Author Topic: Arthritis  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Re: Arthritis
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 10:24:59 AM »
Now I'm in a quandary!  They all sound good I have no idea which to try!

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 23:25:19 PM »
Cortaflex all the way.......... the difference in my dogs, cats and horses is unbelievable and they also sell that at vetuk follow through the catactiontrust website to earn them pennies my uncle of 89 is now on it too

xx

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 23:17:08 PM »
Toby takes a glucosamine and green-lipped mussle capsule every other day to keep the effects of his arthritis at bay.

Oh dear, that rhymed...  :shocked:

Seriously though, it's made the world of difference to him as prior to that he was very stiff on his right shoulder and left hip. Which reminds, need to go and pick up his new supply of capsules tomorrow.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 18:33:22 PM »
Might be worth asking the vet about Cartrophen injections, its licensed for dogs rather than cats but Buster cat aged 22 has been having monthly injections for last couple of years and says its the secret to eternal youth.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 18:18:01 PM »
Cosequin is good, it may help with the pain as it helps replace what is missing in the joint which is why hes hurting if that makes sense!
Vet uk sell cosequin and if you buy through a rescue link it helps raise money for needy cats  ;D

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Arthritis
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 17:47:38 PM »
This is a bit of a long shot.  Dragan my 17 and a half year old boy has quite bad back legs, he is obviously uncomfortable some of the time.  The vet has prescribed Metacam to be used cautiously but everytime he has it he is sick afterwards.  So I am wondering if anyone knows of anything safe that would help with his discomfort.  He has arthri aid to help but it is not for the pain.  Cheers

Link to CatChat