Author Topic: Alice has the runs  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Alice has the runs
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 00:24:45 AM »
Hope so  :scared:

Introductions are going well. Basically her & willow are not interested when they see eachother and going back to their respective places -  but no dramas  :Luv2:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 21:36:31 PM »
 :hug: to her and you. One thing I have learned with Lexy, Mark, is that even though she gives me the horrible looks and I am she who should die now for about a day after, the fact that I always come home and always bring her home gives her a sense of security.

When I brought her home after the surgery this week, Lexy made a beeline for all her favourite places, rubbing herself on them just in case. The fact that I was ignored for a while hurt, but she's a big cuddle bum now.

And Lexy has a runny tum now too. Pretty sure its the food change and lack of eating most of the week, but gave her a nice piece of chicken and she lapped that up and she's having a wash. 

Alice will be fine, she'll be a cuddle bum straight after you bring her back too.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 18:04:01 PM »
She is eating fine today and very purry. Just dreading the trip tomorrow as she is going to feel betrayed just when the trust is building  :(

She is actually getting very picky after just a week. If I give her something she doesn't like, she goes to the dry  :evillaugh:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 11:57:54 AM »
I suspect it could be the fact you are giving her a few different kinds of food Mark, I think you would hve noticed if the Milbemax hadn't worked quicker than this. I would take her on mon tbh, but keep an eye on her today.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Alice has the runs
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 00:23:58 AM »
She was playing frantically tonight. She hadn't been eating much tonight but I didn't thnk much of it. I picked her up and she make a little squeak. I put her down and she ran to her tray and squirted  :( - he tummy is swollen again. I can only guess the worms hadn't gone from the Milbemax she had last Saturday  :( - She is due at the vet Monday morning. Should I leave it or get her in as an emergency tomorrow? - I will keep an eye on her and could get a pill tomorrow if need be but not sure of safe gap between treatments?. She had been eating fine until tonight and even had a sleep on me this afternoon.

Link to CatChat