Author Topic: Feliway diffuser  (Read 5693 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Feliway diffuser
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 08:47:55 AM »
That's a very good price and cheaper than vetuk.  I need a new one for the hallway so might order from there at that price.  I can understand real shops and vets charging more than internet, but not that much more!  It is a rip off.  Now that places like Asda have started selling frontline, I wonder if feliway will be next?

Our local chemist has started selling Feliway - no idea how much they are charging though. They have a big poster in the window "Stressed cat?"  :)
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 14:28:44 PM »
They also do Frontline Spot On for £10.05 (3 pack) and £16.74 (6 pack).

Susanne: you're right, that mark up is way over the top. Online shops are always cheaper than 'bricks and mortar' ones because obviously they don't have the same overheads but more than double the price is ludicrous!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 13:30:08 PM »
That's a very good price and cheaper than vetuk.  I need a new one for the hallway so might order from there at that price.  I can understand real shops and vets charging more than internet, but not that much more!  It is a rip off.  Now that places like Asda have started selling frontline, I wonder if feliway will be next? 

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 20:15:39 PM »
:doh: Yes I did buy it! But thanks very much for the offer anyway. Maybe someone else on here is in need of one.

Bass is hugely improved tonight, she's been in and out of the lounge and actually playing, and I mean proper - as in rolling around on the floor, batting a bit of silver foil in the air - playing! She even played a little with her sister earlier and they're interacting far more than they were.

:Luv2: Feliway!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 20:16:24 PM by jezebel »
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 19:40:37 PM »
Did you buy it? I have one you can have and you would only need the refill. Used once cos Effie can be a bit hissy but was no use whatso ever! 

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 18:46:08 PM »
I used the spray again when I got home this evening and she actually came into the living room while we (and her sister) were there and then went into the kitchen to eat, so I'm sure it's helping. She's still very skittish but this is a huge improvement. Hopefully the diffuser will have a more prolonged effect.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 16:48:13 PM »
Let us know how she gets on then, you might only need to use it for one month just to settle her in so she shows her real self  :)

If I didn't have one plugged in Lu would be fine as he doesn't really have anything to get stressed about (he leads a charmed life!) it's just seeing how much more relaxed and happy he is with the Feliway makes it worthwhile to have one on the go the whole time.

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 16:22:21 PM »
That's really good to know, and exactly what I'm hoping for.

I'm sure Bass has a lot of character but I haven't seen it yet - she hides away so much I sometimes feel like we've only got one cat! When we go and see her in the bedroom, she'll usually come out of her hiding place, accept treats and even play a little, so I don't think she's scared or stressed.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 16:15:42 PM »
I reckon the diffuser will work a treat then  ;D I use one permanently as one of mine is much quieter/shyer/skittish comapred to brother. I've had them both since 10 weeks so it's nothing in his upbringing, just his personality. The Feliway brings him right out of his shell and turns him into the cheeky monster that's hidden inside  :)

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 16:11:54 PM »
Yes, Bass is still shy and hesitant to come out and sit with us in the evenings, she spends most of her time hiding away in a dark corner in the bedroom but will come out and see us if we go in and talk to her - I think it's because her sister Drum is the dominant one and in the evening the sofa is her domain! She also eats less and uses her tray less than her sister, which is more worrying. Anyway, I bought some Feliway spray yesterday and it seemed to have a good effect on her so I thought I'd get a diffuser - although I wasn't going to pay £50 for it!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 15:55:52 PM »
The shop prices are a rip off! I feel sorry for people who don't use the internet or are sold it at their vets  :tired: I've not used Animed direct before but that's a good price for the plug in with refill  :)

Are you using it for a specific reason?

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
Feliway diffuser
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 15:52:26 PM »
I was shocked at the price for a Feliway diffuser - it costs 50 quid at my local pet shop, and £45 at my nearest Pets At Home!

Fortunately I found it online at Animed Direct for £18.49 (£20.78 including postage). Why is there such a huge difference in prices?

Link to CatChat