Author Topic: Tins of pate 10p b&m  (Read 3404 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Tins of pate 10p b&m
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2010, 19:55:12 PM »
The ones we bought instead were 19p, not sure whether they charged us that because I didn't check receipt but ours love them so will get some more Saturday and the ferals will enjoy them too.  They're ok as a change as you say from the dearer stuff and if they like them  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 19:26:41 PM »
Probably used to have something else in that spot and the shelf fillers shoved it in there without changing the ticket, happens loads in our branch. We have some trays of pate in for 19p at the moment I think so maybe the ticket says similar things? I was a bit cynical about the mushrooms myself, and it's a typical 4% meat effort so not great, but like you said they're ok to eek out the fancy stuff. I usually feed one tin per day with other things, as opposed to the 3-4 it reccommends on the tin.

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 18:56:21 PM »
I went in yesterday and it said they were 19p each.  I picked up 2 and took them to the checkout with something else I was buying.  Was charged 10p each for them.  Wonder why it didn't have the correct price on the shelf.  would have bought more if I'd known it was going to be 10p.  Not a great food (and mushrooms in cat food?) but in the context of things will help bulk out the feeding schedules!  Got to buy something cheap to offset the posh stuff they get  ;)

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2010, 09:18:06 AM »
i went in again yesterday and there was one tin left! some greedy beggar (me)  had bought all the rest!! still at least my furrbabes are enjoying it!! :rofl:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 19:40:32 PM »
We went this afternoon and there were none left, just an empty slot (wehre they had been) but a small slot so presumably all taken.  They had some other ones fairly cheap though so got those to try, 2 different makes.

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 12:29:07 PM »
thanks for he tip. went this morning and got 30 tins for our seven and ten tins for my sisters two! hope i dont get banned from going in again! mine have had some for their dinner and loved it. :thanks:

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 20:43:22 PM »
There's quite a large range of catfood but it's always changing so sometimes you can get a really good bargain while the stock lasts. Our shop is an old Woolies too, they're planning on expanding and opening about 250 new shops this year so I think we bought out a lot of the old Woolies' as they're about the right size.

The pate is made by Carrefour, the French supermarket chain, I bought 20 tins of it today so hope that they don't turn around and decide they hate it! Might pick up a good few more and put them in the catfood collection bins at the supermarket

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline cheekycj

• Adult Cat
  • Light of my life...my two boys Joey and Charlie x
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 12:53:04 PM »
Theres a B&M store not far from me....Joey used to like pate so i will try him on it again for a treat  :)

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 12:44:33 PM »
I've never been in a B&M but there's one recently opened not far from us will try and get on Saturday, my 2, especially Bryon loves anything pate  , thanks  :)

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 12:00:31 PM »
B&M have just opened here in Grantham where Woolies used to be - Ill pop in on sat and have a look
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
Tins of pate 10p b&m
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 01:05:18 AM »
not sure how many people have access to b&m (maybe our northern lurkers?) but they currently have 85g tins of rabbit and mushroom pate/mousse for 10p each. I've been putting half down for pepsi each morning and evening and she really likes it so a good bargain. Will be stocking up as its even cheaper with my staff discount, and we'll probably never get them back in stock once they've sold out.

Link to CatChat