Author Topic: Lidl pet promotion Monday 19th July  (Read 7291 times)

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Lidl pet promotion Monday 19th July
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2010, 22:40:45 PM »
i love all the photos.....cats dont like being told where to sleep do they....they will pretend not to see te bsket and one day will plonk themselves in it.....usually as its put out by teh back door for the bin men :rofl:
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2010, 16:34:54 PM »
Maybe you should try sitting in it? :sneaky:   Seems to me that whichever seat I get up from is where the cats want to get!!! They sleep more on the sofas or My bed.

Thankyou, Poppy fills it out more now she's a big girl. :Luv:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2010, 13:23:21 PM »
This is the one from Lidls last year, we paid just under £20 for it. Poppy at sprox 5.5 months. She stills curls up in it now. Charlie goes in the bottom of it, and he's is quite a big lad. He runs into it if he thinks he's gonna get turfed out of the bedroom??! 

Isn't Poppy a beauty  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:   £20 is an excellent price.

We have to move ours when we go out due to setting house alarm and almost without fail it is occupied by someone and it's tenant remains in situe whilst being moved; often still in it when we come home  :)

Give him time Ann  :) .  Ours was ignored for ages. 

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2010, 13:11:52 PM »
Well I went all the way to my local Lidl, in the pouring rain and managed to get one of the whicker beds for Hobbes and as I suspected he has studiously ignored it since Monday  :rofl: Don't think he's quite sure what it is although he has had a sniff or two at it and also jumped over it once when it was in his way  :doh: Am leaving it there in the hope that he will eventually decide to try it, if not then when I eventually get a second cat maybe that one will like it  :Crazy:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2010, 09:32:30 AM »
Well look whose decided lower level is OK this am!  ;)  It's funny but we forked out 55 squid at a local pet food shop for this basket in Spring 2006 and no one used it for months but pretty well everyone has used it since then, mainly the babies atm but HRH giving it a whirl for her other mummy this am.  she must have read this thread  :innocent:

Good girl, Noni B. Looking lovely as ever... :Luv: Your other mummy sends a big cuddle.  ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2010, 08:18:47 AM »

Love all the photos. Gorgeous cats. :Luv2:

This is the one from Lidls last year, we paid just under £20 for it. Poppy at sprox 5.5 months. She stills curls up in it now. Charlie goes in the bottom of it, and he's is quite a big lad. He runs into it if he thinks he's gonna get turfed out of the bedroom??!

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2010, 07:57:09 AM »
Well look whose decided lower level is OK this am!  ;)  It's funny but we forked out 55 squid at a local pet food shop for this basket in Spring 2006 and no one used it for months but pretty well everyone has used it since then, mainly the babies atm but HRH giving it a whirl for her other mummy this am.  she must have read this thread  :innocent:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2010, 10:13:28 AM »
Er tiz not Noni B JS   :)  That's was darling Aslan RIP  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:.  He and Noni B would however have made the most purrfect tabby couple.  He was a very special tall prince of a boy  :Luv: 

Billy Whiz was glued to him and now he's glued to Noni B  :Luv:

Oops, sorry Rosella.  :shy: They would've made an ace tabby couple; you're right. He was so handsome. (And looks like he was as laid back as Miss B, too. ;)) Love that Billy is so fond of Noni. Great stuff!

Kennii, Mine would use it twice for novelty value if they can't stretch and that'd be my lot! They do like the Ikea chaise I bagged for £8 off Ebay though. ;)

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2010, 22:19:37 PM »
Twig and Fern are spawlers too.....and they just hang over teh edges :rofl: darling little souls!!! ITs so funny, i put the basket in the kitchen when im fixing dinner and they just cme out and plant themselves in it!....a bit like an arm chair i guess!!! :evillaugh:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2010, 21:44:55 PM »
Er tiz not Noni B JS   :)  That's was darling Aslan RIP  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:.  He and Noni B would however have made the most purrfect tabby couple.  He was a very special tall prince of a boy  :Luv: 

Billy Whiz was glued to him and now he's glued to Noni B  :Luv:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010, 10:33:16 AM »
That's Noni B. :Luv:

Mine are mostly sprawlers, Kennii. ;)

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2010, 22:14:56 PM »
 :) JS they are probably not big enough for a fully grown cat..but that is half the fun dont you think?...dont cats just love to squeeze their ample frames into the tiniest places??? :shocked: Mine love it.....

Rosella those photos are fabulous i love the second one of that cat making sleep look so delicious! :)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2010, 22:01:36 PM »
Just  :Luv: :Luv: the pics of Fern and Twiggy  :)

We got a similar one when Billy Whiz and Aslan RIP arrived in Spring 2006.  We never seem to have both storeys occupied nowadays although the 2 youngest like to rotate occupancy of the lower level  :Luv:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2010, 21:40:40 PM »
Huh. I bought one of the wicker baskets like that and it wasn't big enough for a fully grown cat.....might have a look if there's any left if they're actually bigger now.

Love those photos. :)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 16:53:37 PM »
Looks great and cats certainly appreciate it. :)

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 16:43:53 PM »
I think its a paws up for the girls...they likes it :evillaugh: they dooos they likes it ;D

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 12:44:34 PM »
I have the mouse toy - bought it years ago, have fostered about 70 cats since then, and very few have bothered with it - it does make a good doorstop though!!
Please spay your cat

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 11:32:12 AM »
 :'( you will be surprised waht goes on Mark....its horrable.... :'(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 00:53:34 AM »

My hubby said that on the farm he worked on years ago the owners would use sponges soaked in pigs blood tokill the cats....

That is disgusting. I hope they died slowly and painfully from brain cancer  >:(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 21:42:27 PM »
We have a coupld of the larger cat toys for the kittens (well they are bigger now but  you know what i mean! :Luv2:) and they love them....I have added various bits and pieces to them on lengths of string etc....but have noticed that many toys do have stick on eyes or noses etc.....not too good!.....also that horrid nylon stuffing...has to be a choking hazzard doesnt it????
My hubby said that on the farm he worked on years ago the owners would use sponges soaked in pigs blood tokill the cats.... :'( he said that the cats would chew and eat the sponge and it would kill or choke them.....he didnt stay there long!....

So things like sponges or any other material that cn be ripped and swallowed have to be avoided too...i think a lot of it is common sense realy....and to keep an eye on what interets them!.....

mind you whenyou see some of the things my girls have brought home as pressies (of the wild animal variety) you do wonder how incredbly agile and smart cats are!.....

I am stll going ot check out the whicker baskets on Monday AM!! ;D I know that Twiggy and Fern will love one of those! :naughty: :naughty:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 20:05:10 PM »
I just looked at the mouse toy - it looks lethal  :scared: - if it were a childrens toy, there would be "choking hazard" warnings.  :tired:
http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/SID-AB303F42-E98F4EB4/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/index_12395.htm

A few years ago, I spoke to trading standards in Chester (They are the office that deals with PAH as they are also in Chester)

I told them that PAH were selling elasticated cat collars and calling them safety collars. He said that he would bring it up at their next meeting but there wasn't a lot they could do. He said if it was a toy for a child, it would have to pass all kinds of tests for safety - but those kind of things don't exist for animals.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 09:30:18 AM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 17:49:34 PM »
Don't anyone think of buying the garden sunshade. I bought one for Kylie on Saturday. After spending 1/2 hour in 30o putting it up, the area it covers is miniscule  :tired:. As these things are packed well, it took me another 1/2 hour to get it back in the carry bag - there are so many pieces to it  :Crazy: - I went and got a refund on Sunday  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 19:59:56 PM by Mark »

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 13:10:47 PM »
 :shify: i have my eye on one of those lovely whiker baskets for Twiggy and Fern ;)  they have all but destroyed my old linnen basket..this will at least give them something to get thier claws into!!! :rofl:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
Lidl pet promotion Monday 19th July
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 12:04:24 PM »
Lidls have a special promotion on their cat items from Monday 19th.  As usual it will be a first come first serve I expect.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/offerdate.htm?offerdate=12383
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Link to CatChat