Author Topic: Lidl cat litter ('otto'?) - has anyone tried it?  (Read 12554 times)

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
Re: Lidl cat litter ('otto'?) - has anyone tried it?
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 18:56:02 PM »
Thanks for the updates all. I've recently been using a 50/50 aldi clumping litter and the Sainsburys eqilivent to catsan which worked quite well.

However last week I bought a bag of the crystal litter to try (I have two trays and only put the crystal in one in case the cats didn't take to it) and am very impressed thusfar. The cats seem to prefer using it too. I'm not sure that it will last a full four weeks as planned - I'd be happy with just two weeks. It was only £1.99 from Home Bargains for a 3.8 litre bag if anyone's interested.

I hope I don't come across as a lazy cat mother and not wanting to do frequent changes - thankfully I'm not squeamish and it doesn't bother me...my main concern for trying to get stuff that lasts is that me and Mr Lil Scruff might go on holiday later on in the year and rather then take the cats to a cattery my/his mum will come and feed them and I'd want to minimise the more unpleasant jobs ;)

Cheers again all,

S.

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 13:13:36 PM »
 :innocent: bit late in replying......but yes i use it all the time...its a heavy clay sort, its very absorbant...not sogood with smells but it clumps well and so the offending debris can be changed quickly!! :shocked: and becasue its fairly heavy it doesnt track either! :wow: I use about 2 bags a week with the girls (two kittencats) just for cleanliness really.....it works for me! :briggin:
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 16:22:28 PM »
Hi Lil Scruff

I used to use the Otto cat litter and thought it was good, especially for the price. Can't really comment on odour control though because I keep my lots litter trays in their pen because they have access to the pen all day.

Haven't been to Lidl for ages but next time I go I intend on stocking up. Using Tesco paper litter at the month which I quite like because its made from recycled paper :)
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
Lidl cat litter ('otto'?) - has anyone tried it?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 17:00:48 PM »
Hi all,

I recall being told once that Lidl cat litter is very good for odor control. If remember correctly it was called 'Otto' and about £1.70 a bag. Has anyone tried it?

Obviously it's worth a punt for the price but my nearest Lidl quite far away and it's the only thing I really need from there (although no doubt will end up spending £20+ on German chocolates and wine and other 'essentials'  ;)

I'm currently using a Sainsburys version of Catsan which I think is actually better for odors than the real stuff and is under £3 for 10 litres. I can cope with that price no probs but we all like a bargain don't we!

S.

Link to CatChat