Author Topic: Gourmet Perle Mini Fillets with Chicken - 24 pouches for £5.27 @ Bookers  (Read 2709 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Thanks - I might nip in when I am passing. I can't think of much I would buy in there but was amazed at how cheap some things wee. I used to buy jars of things like Jamesons chocolate toffees (they used to be called Merry Maid) and put a few in dishes when I had a B&B. I also used to buy little cereal packs and bottles of water as well as butter pats etc.

I'm surprised they are strict. At the end of the day, business is business. They are probably more concerned about upsetting their customers if they are seen to be letting joe public in. I used to buy the nicest boiled sweets in there. They were about £6 for a huge 3kg jar. A 3kg refill bag was under £4  :Crazy:. Another B&B owner I know used to buy the big bags of giant jelly snakes. I wated to get some but was a bit nervous about the tax people querying purchases  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
Hi Mark,

I too get my sweets wholesale from there too - so much sugar - :Crazy: hehehe. (I don't eat them all though - I sell online and send little packs of sweets out with my orders! - literally 'sweetens' the customers up lol!)

As to whether I find them 'ok', I've never had any trouble making purchases. Sometimes the staff can be abit abrupt - as it's business to business you don't get quite the smiley customer service that you'd find on the high street but perhaps it was just a few grumpy members of staff as others have been lovely.

Although it is meant to be business only they seem rather slack about this. My mum, for example, does flower arranging and showed an invoice for a large florists order as 'proof' of her being a business and that was good enough. I'm sure if anyone reading has an invoice which would show they run a cat rescue then you'd get membership.  I'm not VAT registered and have just shown an invoice for stationary. They really aren't very strict. They want the customers, they just have to jump through some hoops.

The only Gourmet Perle which I've seen is 24 packs of chicken and the multi-packs of the multi-flavours.

If anyone wants me to check out stock/prices then post here and I'll take notes when I next go.

All the best,

S.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
I have a bookers card from when I had my B&B but haven't been in for over 2 years. Are you sure they are OK as I found them a bit funny at the Canterbury branch. I was going to buy some sweets & things in there (wholesale sweet prices are dirt cheap  :evillaugh: ) but was a bit nervous about it. Also, do you know if they have the beef ones as they are the only ones my Alice will eat. I always buy her enough for one a day.

From what I remember, I had to prove I was a business to get my card.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 20:26:04 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
Hi all,

Just thought I'd share the following as we all like a bargain don't we!

My older cat, Scruff, is very very picky when it comes to wet food. Infact the only brand he likes is Purina's Gourmet Perle and only in the chicken flavour. It's classed as a 'luxury' pet food in the supermarkets hence can be quite pricy. I sometimes see alternative flavours in places like Home Bargains but only chicken will do.

Anyhoo, my local Bookers (a wholesaler) sells packs of 24, all chicken flavour pouches for £5.29 (£4.99 +VAT) which works out as being 0.22p each which I think's pretty good. Plus as it's just one flavour unlike standard multi-packs there's no waste.

As mentioned above, Bookers is a wholesaler so you must be a member but unlike CostCo it's a free membership and they're not very strict in who signs up. Their website has membership details and a branch locator - www.booker.co.uk. They used to show the prices online but have pulled that feature which is quite annoying.

Happy shopping!   ;)

S.

Link to CatChat