Author Topic: Haworth Cat rescue - First charity shop opening  (Read 10355 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Haworth Cat rescue - First charity shop opening
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 12:50:11 PM »
 ;D Brilliant, well done all (and Jack)  :hug:

would love to call in sometime, not sure if I could make 1st Dec but we usually go to Howarth once a year so should get over at some point.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: gizmo, gingurr, nemo, mittens and brujo. always with me, leroy w murgatroyd
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 12:46:59 PM »
thank you both  :hug:

we have been having table top sales for a while and have got very hawk-eyed about possible ebay items. the shop even has a downstairs table with a spotlight to take photos of things for ebay.  :)

strange the skills you pick up trying to find homes for cats  ;)
:) Please text CATS22 £5 to 70070 to feed a cat for a week :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 15:24:27 PM »
Good luck with the shop  ;D ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 12:05:24 PM »
How exciting for you!  :wow: What's the area like? Are there lots of other charity shops to 'compete' with? Will there be a lifesize Haworth cat in the shop?! (I love Haworth cat  :Luv: )

I recently donated lots of stuff to the local RSPCA shop as my sister put all her stuff in storage and left for Oz in a hurry a couple of years ago but stayed! Some of the items were expensive text books and they were actually quite reluctant to take them as they were awash with books and apparently they don't sell - I didn't want to teach them to suck eggs but I know that some of the books fetched quite a bit on ebay so it might be worth a quick search on ebay completed listings to see if you have anything very expensive on your hands!

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: gizmo, gingurr, nemo, mittens and brujo. always with me, leroy w murgatroyd
Haworth Cat rescue - First charity shop opening
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 11:42:27 AM »
We are opening our first charity shop  ;D

It has been MANIC we are so lucky that we have a solicter and a builders partner on our board of trustees  :sneaky:
We have had so much bric a brac donated that the shelter is awash with stuff, its a collapse and drown in a sea of books and furniture hazard if you go anywhere near the garage!

..and its now very orange inside, probably not good to shop there if your feeling queasy.
If there is anyone who lives near keighley BD22, then please come along to our open day tomorrow (FREE CAKE) or else come along and have a shop when we open on the 1st of December.

all made possible from a legacy we recieved this year. Thank you Jack.
:) Please text CATS22 £5 to 70070 to feed a cat for a week :)

Link to CatChat