Other Animal welfare issues & petitons > Other Animals - Rescue - Urgent cases only

Pony - what else can I do?

(1/2) > >>

Pinkbear (Julie):
All too late now, but by giving it access to water you actually ensured the pony wasn't suffering... which meant the USPCA couldn't act.  :doh: I know it's all part of being an animal lover but if you (or anyone else) sees an abandoned animal like that, do nothing except report it and monitor. I made the mistake of kitty napping a badly neglected local cat, who was crawling alive with fleas, and Frontlining it once. By the time the RSPCA went to inspect it there wasn't a flea on it.  :tired:

Sam (Fussy_Furball):
this might be useful:  http://www.naturalhorsetraining.com/ireland-horserescues.html

list of rescues in ireland

Kay and Penny:
take a camera

karenjet:
Thank you, Yvonne. I've bookmarked that Crosskennan Lane site.

Well it's disappeared again. I'm just waiting for the rain to stop and then I'm gonna go for a walk round the estate, I've got a feeling it hasn't gone but has just been moved out of view of the main road  :shify:

Mark:
How can people be so heartless  :(

There is a card up in my vet from someone who wants a horse to keep their horse company in its paddock. It is retired with arthritic injuries and they want it to have a friend. It's in Kent though so probably wouldn't be practical - I have no idea about horses or ponies. (Not even sure if they mix)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version