Author Topic: Kittens/cats ears  (Read 66023 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Kittens/cats ears
« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2007, 22:52:02 PM »
He doesn't respond to the name yet, I'm not sure he ever will TBH  :scared: but he follows Debs around all the time she is in the house  :Luv:

Hi Jules & Debs (and of course the scrumptious Teoh)

Congrats on the 2nd kitten news, I am doubly jealous now  :Luv:

My boys are the same age as Teoh and I was getting to the point where I didn't think they would learn their names.  I always used their names in 'conversations' (yes, I know I sound  :Crazy: like 'careful Riley you'll hurt yourself' as I pluck him off something he shouldn't be on/in) but they wouldn't come when called.  I made a concerted effort to call them only using their proper name ie Riley/Lukey instead of silly nicknames like baby Riles or Mr Wooky.  When they came near me I repeated their names over and over again at the same time as giving them some Milky Flake-ums for kittens (milky style kitten treats).  I did this for two days and now they bound over come to their names when called... most of the time!

I can also completely empathise with the lack of sleep, it's REALLY getting to me know, they came home at 10 weeks old so have had this for 6 weeks solid.  Lucas is an angel and you wouldn't know he is there at night but as for Riley, well  :tired: :tired: :tired:  I am trialling a psychological training method so will let you know the details if I have a breakthrough  :evillaugh:

Offline Jules_s

• Adult Cat
« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2007, 22:41:22 PM »
I know it might be a tad strange.....but we named Teoh after one of our favourite restaurants...we love it there and we love him. Just suited him down to the ground  :Luv:

He doesn't respond to the name yet, I'm not sure he ever will TBH  :scared: but he follows Debs around all the time she is in the house  :Luv:

As for the new kitten we thought about the name 'theo' but that seemed too close to Teoh.....and given Teoh doesn't really grasp his name (as yet) I think confusion may occur?

Anyways...I would like the new kitten to be called 'howard' (another restaurant name)...Debs might prefer 'storm'

Any thoughts?

Jules
I'm a bloke :O)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2007, 22:26:34 PM »
"silver surfer" i think  ;)

Debs

« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2007, 21:06:27 PM »
More pics please..yes indeedy,
Reckon wee miss dynamite would be a perfect girlyfriend for him, that would turn his head  ;D

Awwww bet Teoh would adore her as he is a 120% proper ladies man I rekon!
 :thanks: :Luv:

Debs

« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2007, 21:03:53 PM »
Exciting news too!

Teoh is getting a Bengal playmate, we are promised the best boy of the litter too  ;D

Kittens are due 9th of July, I like the name 'Storm' or 'Silver Storm', apparently its now a girls name though but it is a boys name according to history, we also thought Howard Hunter to go with Teoh Tiger, not sure and the poor blighter isnt born yet  ;)

:Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Shall we say... Teoh has taken an odd interest in Jules ;) but I think its just kitten adoration of his Human Daddy!  

Well, one hopes!   :-:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2007, 20:56:58 PM »
More pics please..yes indeedy,
Reckon wee miss dynamite would be a perfect girlyfriend for him, that would turn his head  ;D

Offline Jules_s

• Adult Cat
« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2007, 20:49:04 PM »
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  why is it boys are so neurotic about getting their boys neutered ... Jules ... even if you boy is homosexual I guarantee the first time he sprays in your house you will have down to the vets and be having him done  :sick: :sick: :sick:

Look forward to seeing the pics.

I'm not unduly worried about him having his ickle man globes isolated....I'm just saying it would be a pointless excercise as I'm sure he isn't interested in females  :innocent:

Debs

« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2007, 20:40:54 PM »
I was just thinking yesterday teoh and co had dissapeared on us.

:hug: Hi Lynn, we are still here, puter broke for a bit, Teoh loves to jump on the keyboard!!!  

I am cream crackered though, he needs a playmate and I have been walking home every day to give him his lunch come rain or shine and feel the need for an early night  :tired: :tired: :tired:

Debs xx

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2007, 20:40:03 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  why is it boys are so neurotic about getting their boys neutered ... Jules ... even if you boy is homosexual I guarantee the first time he sprays in your house you will have down to the vets and be having him done  :sick: :sick: :sick:

Look forward to seeing the pics.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Debs

« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2007, 20:35:45 PM »
Teoh is fine  :Luv:

I've decided to not get him neutered though, as he is 110% homosexual

:evillaugh:

:innocent:

:Nooooo: :what:

This is so untrue, Teoh is as manly as a cat can be

He is the James Bond of Bengals, the Bodie in Bodie and Doyle, he is truly hetrosexual so please dismiss Jules's comments ladies  :sneaky:

Debs

« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2007, 20:32:41 PM »
Hi Debs and Jules ..... must be about time we had some updates on Teoh .... (we need more pics  :rofl: )  hows the little man getting on?

Hi Sam  :)

Been spending so much time with Teoh that have not been on the laptop as much  ;)

Tbh I am absolutely shattered as he goes bonkers at night and wakes up at 5am crying for his brekkie  :Crazy:

I will post more photos very soon of him  :thanks:

Offline Jules_s

• Adult Cat
« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2007, 19:43:35 PM »
Teoh is fine  :Luv:

I've decided to not get him neutered though, as he is 110% homosexual

:innocent:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2007, 19:16:00 PM »
I was just thinking yesterday teoh and co had dissapeared on us.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #99 on: June 19, 2007, 19:06:54 PM »
Hi Debs and Jules ..... must be about time we had some updates on Teoh .... (we need more pics  :rofl: )  hows the little man getting on?

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #98 on: June 02, 2007, 08:11:32 AM »
Ooooo thems :boxer: gloves coming out now!!!  :evillaugh:

Offline Jules_s

• Adult Cat
« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2007, 22:06:48 PM »
Ok then.....

Debs doing what she does best (apart from looking after Teoh)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #96 on: June 01, 2007, 21:38:26 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Jules_s

• Adult Cat
« Reply #95 on: June 01, 2007, 21:18:14 PM »
I dunno.

You send your Gilf personal pics and she posts them all over the interweb.

Women  :innocent:

Debs

« Reply #94 on: June 01, 2007, 20:15:39 PM »
:Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Sounds like you have a real softy partner and a gorgeous softy kitty ... you lucky thing  ;)

Yes  :thanks: you are right Sam, I do feel right now that I am a very lucky lady :catlove:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #93 on: June 01, 2007, 19:48:47 PM »
 :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Sounds like you have a real softy partner and a gorgeous softy kitty ... you lucky thing  ;)

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2007, 19:33:24 PM »
 :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

awwwwwwww :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Debs

« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2007, 18:28:30 PM »
I just have to show you ladies just what a softie the author of this original post is...

Here is Jules's desk at work  :wow:

Gone are the usual photos of vx220 sports cars  :car:

Apparently his new monitor is sooooooo big, that the picture is 'actual real size' too  :)

He may be 'a bloke'  :rofl: but how much does this show his love for Teoh...

Cute huh  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 18:35:38 PM by Debs »

Debs

« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2007, 17:25:37 PM »
For any bengal lovers this may be a interesting late afternoon ogling session  ;)  These are friends of our Linda's.
http://www.gayzette-bengals.co.uk/

Goodness whoever could resist such stunners :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 17:29:09 PM by Debs »

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #89 on: May 30, 2007, 17:15:47 PM »
Whisper as a kitten..... plotting!!!!

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2007, 16:40:03 PM »
 For any bengal lovers this may be a interesting late afternoon ogling session  ;)  These are friends of our Linda's.
http://www.gayzette-bengals.co.uk/

Debs

« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2007, 23:52:05 PM »
funny how i knew that the post following my last one was from jules  :evillaugh:

yeah watch that space hee hee.

P.S. Jules is in the land of nod and has no clue what bengaly heaven you, teoh and teohs mummy are plotting   :devil:

Debs

« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2007, 23:45:53 PM »
Hee hee hee Lynn

:boxer:

watch this space indeed!!!!!  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Sleep tight xxx

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2007, 23:41:42 PM »
funny how i knew that the post following my last one was from jules  :evillaugh:

yeah watch that space hee hee.

Debs

« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2007, 23:36:28 PM »
sounds brill, can i come to stay please please please lol.

Apparently these benglys are very sociable creatures who especially love their own kind ..tee hee, just what i have heard  :innocent:

off to bed now, give teoh a hug from me  :hug:

I think I know what you mean about them being very sociable with their own kind Lynn  ;)

He may well have to share if he ever wants a bengal playmate!!! We will have to wait and see if he is happy on his own in the day or needs a friend, maybe of the brown glitter furred variety!  ;)

Compose a sentence from these:-

'dead body over my'

:P

:rofl:

I also think what my lovely boyfriend Jules means by that Lynn  :Luv:  is that he will buy us a three bedroomed house if Teoh needs a chum  :cheer:

Isn't he a wonderful man eh    :garf:

Night night all

Love Debs xxxx

Debs

« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2007, 23:20:09 PM »

Teoh says goodnight to the lovely Lynn

He also says he has many things to share in his room, would you like to sleep in his cat bed, basket, carry cot or one of his shelves  ;)

He may well have to share if he ever wants a bengal playmate!!! We will have to wait and see if he is happy on his own in the day or needs a friend, maybe of the brown glitter furred variety!  ;)

'dead body over my'

Teohs says watch this space  :rofl: and i love you daddy  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Jules_s

• Adult Cat
« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2007, 23:13:56 PM »

'dead body over my'

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2007, 23:02:22 PM »

Apparently these benglys are very sociable creatures who especially love their own kind ..tee hee, just what i have heard  :innocent:

i havent seen that other cat for a long time, since before i left work years ago, I took good care of him at the time though and he as happy about 4 mnths after the accident.

Debs

« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2007, 22:44:37 PM »
Oh Lynn  :'( poor little baby> Please give him a tickle and a kiss from Teoh and me  :Luv:

Yes please do spread the word. Goodness if it helps to stop that ever happening to another cat/kitten then its very worthwhile  :hug:

Oh yes, the jean paul gaultier bubble bath is just like the perfume, its really lovely but only for special occasions!

My house has two bedrooms and the second bedroom is all his!

He has his own bed, basket, little bathroom and his food tray in there, along with a big iron double bed which he loves to jump on and some nice high shelves...

As I haven't any children, its all his and looks like a bengal nursery   :Luv:

Love Debs xxx

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2007, 22:22:12 PM »
i bet he'd be even more delicious smelling of that LOL.  (does it smell same as perfume..MMmmm)

Re the scalded cat..was awful , horrendous and yes eventually it came good but after months of dressings, lost all its skin full thickness all over under carriage, feet, under tail and privates etc..eventually it healed but had hairless tighter skin, never got any nails back though on its feet as all its nail beds sloughed off, wasnt my cat but a patient and one that will never leave my mind, a wee red boy too.  I always think if i spead his message and make people think of something they wouldnt have before (i never used to run cold water first either) then his pain wasnt for nothing if that makes sense.

What is it with these bengly babies, i know another tribe that also have their own bedroom..Jeez i had to share when i was a kid HUMPH...ROFL

Debs

« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2007, 21:55:59 PM »

No need to stop the bubble bath, that wouldnt harm teoh if he did take a dive but the hot water warning is close to my heart, i am a vn altho not working just now (kids eh) and had to treat a poor 5 month puss that fell inot scalding hot bath with no cold water so i am very quick to dish out that advice  ;)

You new baby is so handsome and we're very glad to have all 3 of you onboard.

:thanks: Lynn its lovely being here and reading your message with my little Teoh snoozing on my lap  :Luv:

Oh Lynn that must have been awful for you and kitty cat falling into the hot water :( do hope all is well now and no long term damage has occured  :'(

Thank you for the advice on bubble bath, wasn't sure if it would be bad for his fur... So, if its luke warm then Teoh may enjoy smelling of Jean Paul Gaultier bubbles then... I wonder...  ;)

I promise to send you water baby piccies when he has his own pool. The house is like 'Teoh Tiger Towers' now. It is all his and he knows it even has his own bedroom full of bengalie toys  :Luv:

Love Debs xxx

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2007, 21:23:12 PM »
great to hear from you debs  :welcome:

We forgot to give you the formal warning....this site is VERY addictive  :rofl: 

Looking forward to seeing the waterbabe piccys.. :evillaugh:

No need to stop the bubble bath, that wouldnt harm teoh if he did take a dive but the hot water warning is close to my heart, i am a vn altho not working just now (kids eh) and had to treat a poor 5 month puss that fell inot scalding hot bath with no cold water so i am very quick to dish out that advice  ;)

You new baby is so handsome and we're very glad to have all 3 of you onboard.

Debs

« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2007, 21:05:14 PM »
So pleased Teoh has settled  he really is stunning and the pics are wonderful.

I think you should definitely get Deborah to come and join us ... we'll be gentle with her.

Hello and  :thanks: to you. I am really glad Jules signed me up  ;D

Hi Deborah.  We're a friendly mad bunch of females with the exception of a couple of gents so feel free to post anytime you want to.  We have all different levels of experience and no matter how experienced or not we may be we have all learned from each other in some way shape or form so we'd love to hear from you.

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

Re the water play..some of them have got themselves a large, deep ordinary littertray and half fillied that with water with a few "floaty" toys in for their furbabes..I just leave a tap slightly on sometimes for mine (he's so deprived LOL)
Watch yourself at bathtimes though..its a big hazzard with curious water loving felines so please please run cold water into the bath first to avoid horrific injuries...Sorry if thats stating the obvious..lots of advice may be like that on here but what is common sense to one person may not be for the next.

Thank you so much for the advice. I will be very careful whilst running a bath. No more bubble bath either for me  :)
Teoh has already had a paddle in his drinks bowl, the kitchen sink and is intrigued by the shower so really love your idea of a water tray with toys especially for him  :Luv:

Hi Deborah,

A deep litter tray filled with water and some kids wind up bath toys (about 95p each from Tesco, the frog is the favourite of my mob) and ping pong balls are essential for water loving cats. Put it in the bath or in an outside run or your floor will get flooded  :rofl:  :rofl:

Your Bengly baby is stunning, really love his colour and markings  ;D

FANTASTIC!!!!!  :wow:

I am going to Tesco's for some toys for young master teoh  :thanks:

Love to you all

Debs xxx

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2007, 13:32:41 PM »
Hi Deborah,

Like Lynn said people put cats onto adult food at different times for different reasons. My little girl had RC adult food from being about 2-3 months old and it's done her no harm equally my boy and other girl only had adult food from being about 15 months old and they are fine too.

Everyone on here is really friendly and people have such a wide variety of 'specialist subjects' that whatever question you ask someone will always know the answer or will know someone else who'll know the answer and if you are having a crisis someone will always help ;D   Linda will be able to give you loads of advice about your Bengly.

A deep litter tray filled with water and some kids wind up bath toys (about 95p each from Tesco, the frog is the favourite of my mob) and ping pong balls are essential for water loving cats. Put it in the bath or in an outside run or your floor will get flooded  :rofl:  :rofl:

Your Bengly baby is stunning, really love his colour and markings  ;D
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2007, 13:18:48 PM »
Hi Deborah.  We're a friendly mad bunch of females with the exception of a couple of gents so feel free to post anytime you want to.  We have all different levels of experience and no matter how experienced or not we may be we have all learned from each other in some way shape or form so we'd love to hear from you.

Your new baby is gorg !!!

Most of our cats start off on kitten food i think, some however progress onto adult food quicker than others for varying reasons.  My cody was around 8 mnths when he went onto adult food and that main reason was that he prefers it.  Providing he is on a good quality food i dont think the adult will do him much harm, he certainly looks as though he's growing well and in veyr good condition.

Re the water play..some of them have got themselves a large, deep ordinary littertray and half fillied that with water with a few "floaty" toys in for their furbabes..I just leave a tap slightly on sometimes for mine (he's so deprived LOL)
Watch yourself at bathtimes though..its a big hazzard with curious water loving felines so please please run cold water into the bath first to avoid horrific injuries...Sorry if thats stating the obvious..lots of advice may be like that on here but what is common sense to one person may not be for the next.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2007, 14:01:25 PM »
What an absolute stunner.....love it when they attack the fluffy duster.....my cats walk round with one in their mouth's, very weird looking as they walk strange at same time lol!

Link to CatChat