Author Topic: Found a green piece of hard plastic in a tin of Kit-e-Kat  (Read 1720 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Found a green piece of hard plastic in a tin of Kit-e-Kat
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 23:22:50 PM »
I don't think it is worth pursuing but in hindsight I should have gone to environmental health about it - I just hope it makes tham more careful about their procedures. If it wasn't for the fact that Clapton loves Whiskas chicken pouches, I would stop buying their products.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 23:23:14 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 23:17:06 PM »
£4.00 is disgusting Mark and to say it's a piece of polythene - I would write back to them and say that your cat's life is worth more than £4.00 and if they say they can't give you any more I would tell them to stick it.  >:(

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 18:27:04 PM »
£4  :scared: that's shocking!  >:( :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 11:41:46 AM »
Got a letter today saying they have identified it as polythene  :-:

There is a long spiel about quality control and suppliers checked regularly etc. £4 in vouchers (meanies - considering purina gave me £10 for a split pouch once)

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 09:14:17 AM »
I am checking really carefully now  :scared:

I am guessing it is a piece of packaging from one of the ingredients.

I phoned them and they took the numbers and apologised. They asked me to send it to them. They said they will send it to their lab for analysis and write to me with their findings along with some vouchers.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 00:08:45 AM »
Sounds as lethal as a slither of glass!  :shify: >:( Hope you get much joy from your email....I bet you will be paranoid now and feel like you have to check everything!  :( :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 23:59:40 PM »
It is tiny - maybe 2 or 3mm but hard and sharp  >:(

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 23:45:46 PM »
How big is it I cant tell from that pic? That could of done some damage!  :scared: :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Found a green piece of hard plastic in a tin of Kit-e-Kat
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 23:43:39 PM »
I have been feeding them it for a while as a change. They all seem to love it - especially Alice. I might have missed it if if wasn't for the fact that I was chopping it up finely to mix binders in for Clapton. As it was bright green (looks blue in the picture), I thought it was a piece of paper from outside the tin but it is hard plastic  >:( - it is only tiny but has a sharp end on it - I will be emailing them about it.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 23:44:03 PM by Mark »

Link to CatChat