Author Topic: Photo's of Donnie & Mr Tom  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
Re: Photo's of Donnie & Mr Tom
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 14:30:48 PM »
Did a wee bit of research and the " Sticky willie's "  I think the proper name is " Katkin Willow " and the seed's are called " Burr's "
These are like the one's you describe Gill, Little round spikey Ball's. They did try combing them out, but Donnie was not impressed >:(
and they were frightened to Hurt Him so they took Him to the Vet, and it was Him that suggested about shaving :shocked:
the pages I found said they are designed that way to attach themselve's to animals so the seed's disperce over a wide area and
that over time the seed's Hook's dry out and they just fall off.
The problem with Donnie is that He is Just covered with Them, and it would still be a major task to remove them with the method
you described Gill ( I do that with Misty when He has a Knot of fur, scissor's and flea comb ;))
I will give my Friends a call and let them Know about seed's drying out over time and maybe try gently combing them out later ;D

Yes Dolcetta, I Too love "Cullen skink" But for year's I just Called it Fish Soup :evillaugh:
and I almost missed the photo of Thunder because of laughing :rofl: I was talking to my Friends and heard a noise, when I turned
round, there was thunder lifting the toilet seat up with His nose so He could Get a Drink ;D He does have a bowl of water on hand
too, but maybe the water in the toilet taste's better :rofl:
Hamish used to do this also, just like Oliver :evillaugh:

« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 14:35:32 PM by Stuart (Misty's Dad) »
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 12:56:39 PM »
Although I couldn't get a better pic of him (links usually works fine, but today when I click on the picture the homepage of the forum keeps coming out!!), even with the wee ones I can see he is a grand lad!!  Cullen Skink, mmm, a friend of mine made it for me when I visited him in Glasgow years ago, yum!!  I can imagine Donnie enjoyed it as much as Oliver did with a hefty piece of grilled ocean perch with coconut chutney I made yesterday ;D
Thanks for sharing the sweet moments!!

edited to add:  :wow: :wow: :wow: oh and thanks for modifying the pics, now I can see the big pic!! :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
Mr. Tom is quite handsome, too!!  And I guess you also got Mr. loo just as bad as Oliver at our household!! :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 12:59:37 PM by dolcetta46 »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 12:56:08 PM »
Not sure what that plant is cos there are a number of them with sticky seeds.

I know of two, one has little round green balls and they can be combed out if got to quick, but the other is much worse and its a big seed pod for want of a better word , more like the head of a thistle and all the spikes come apart and it matts every thing up terrible.

With either when they have coursed a matt, you get a wide toothed comb and get it under the matt so its protecting the cats body and then with sharp sissors cut the mat off above the comb. Never do it without a comb cos its too easy to cut the cats skin.

If the mat is too close to the cats body, just wait a few weeks till the fur grows at the bottom and then do it.

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
Photo's of Donnie & Mr Tom
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 12:47:13 PM »
Was Round to my friends house last night for a party, and managed to get some photo's of
Donnie(20 yr old) Mr Tom (7 yr old) & Thunder (1 yr old German shepherd)
Donnie is so laid Back, there must have been 20 ppl at the Party and was not phased by it one bit :wow:
was amazed no one stood on Him iether ;D He is Healthy and eat's like a Horse, but His fur is matted by
going through some (Sticky Wullies) a plant which has seed's that stick's to your clothes and matt's up hair.
short of shaving the poor wee soul, has anyone any ideas on how to remove them from His Furr??
there was Cullen Skink made for people to eat (Traditional scottish soup) made from, milk, cream, smoked
mackeral, and seasoning. Donnie was more than interested and I'd say I fed him more than half a bowl :naughty:

Mr Tom has quite a charactor too, but mainly due to His left Hind leg which he cannot bend, they got Him
from the Cat rescue like that, apparently when he was younger he broke his leg, and the previous owners
didn't take him back to the vet's to get the pin removed, My friends did take Mr Tom to the Vet's about it
but was told due to it bieng there for so long, did not want to make thing's worse by major surgery to remove
it.

they also have two dog's, some kind of rough terrier and a white German shepherd called Thunder, But I couldn't
resist taking a photo of Him this morning  :rofl: :rofl:

Enjoy  :Luv2:
Donnie

Donnie again

Donnie Cullen Skink

Donnie, Any More ??

Mr Tom

Mr Tom Again

Mr Tom, I think there's a Mouse in there

Mr Tom, awww, Missed it :(

Toilet Fresh !!!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 14:44:24 PM by Stuart (Misty's Dad) »