Author Topic: A guide to posts of cruelty on Purrs  (Read 1104 times)

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
Re: A guide to posts of cruelty on Purrs
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 16:04:18 PM »
Very sensible guidelines Tan,

IMO I've always thought that, distressing as it most certainly is, one has a moral duty of sorts to aquaint oneself of the facts. I'm a pretty emotional person and get easily upset reading and seeing this kind of thing, I remember watching a TV documentary years ago by the great investigative journalist John Pilger about Cambodia which, I don't mind readily admitting had me in tears and still haunts me when I think about it. I still believe that for every such story one reads that there are hundreds of uplifting stories out there. One has to keep in mind that, in the media, bad news sells, good news not so much so. The great thing about this website and others like it is that one doesn't have to look to find folks with a genuine love of animals.

Kind Regards

Leigh
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 14:07:53 PM »
Thanks Tan

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 12:03:42 PM »
Well said Tan
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
A guide to posts of cruelty on Purrs
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 11:56:14 AM »
Cruelty -So Sadly it's the reason Cat rescues are full to bursting and why Purrs is here to help anyway we can through supporting the wonderful rescues and to help with some cases by spreading the word and possibly do more if we can.  It is important to post about the cases, where a member may be able to help or Purrs as a group could possibly help rescues with emergency funding.

It would be my biggest wish and i am sure all of yours too, if the cruelty of our current world could be wiped out. When i was little i  wanted to wave a magic wand and stop it all, i still wish it. It's something we mustn't hold our head in the sand about. We are all big animal lovers and the posts on cruelty can be very upsetting to read.   The title of your post is important to let the members know if we could possibly help or if it's a post about cruelty where we can't.  In the posts where we can't help,  please help the members decide wether or not to read the thread by popping a cruelty warning and avoid including any description of the actual cruelty in the title of your post.  :thanks:

Any links to horrific abuse sites that shock and really upset members will be looked at and edited if nessessary and it is your choice to view the link or not.  Links to anti-abuse campaigns, provided it included a way to actually help, like by signing a petition or whatever are welcomed.   Because we have had members contact us about the cruelty posts , we have put up this guideline,  not to stop the cruelty posts but to add a warning to the title so other members who do not want to read about cruelty are warned. These posts are still allowed.

It breaks our hearts to know that every second animals are suffering all over the world, one day i so hope this will get better with the help of animal lovers giving the respect and love all animals deserve.  :ahh:
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 15:55:41 PM by Tan »

Link to CatChat