Author Topic: Cats in - it's That Time Again  (Read 1082 times)

Offline queen_goth

• Adult Cat
Re: Cats in - it's That Time Again
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 03:34:27 AM »
i hate october november round here, the amount of cats ive seen and herd of that have had rockets ect strapped to there backs, i dare not even let my dogs out in there run un-supervised through fear some one takes off with them as i herd one year that they couldnt get hold of a cat so a poor terrier left to wonder the streets/taken from there garden (lets face it who will admit to letting there poor defenceless dog roam the streets at its own will for us to clean up after it) got the rocket and when it screemed in pain... well you dont want to know what happened next, its sickening, how people can do things like that and find it fun i will never know and im pritty mornid my self.

Offline sylsuki

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 23:51:22 PM »
Must admit..The locals have started setting the firework off late into the wee hours here  >:(

Tend to keep both cats in and the windows shut.  They don't seem too bothered at the moment.  Sylvester is the laid back type!  :)

At the moment on a friday, the Local Council (Blackpool) host an organised display whilst the lights are on so can get noisy at the weekend

Suki is just glad it's getting cold enough to put the fire on and is redeveloping her major talent of trying to absorb as much heat as possible, so she's also relaxed (or should that be unconscious!!!! )  :rofl:

But I will be glad when it is all over

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 23:37:00 PM »
Right folks we're getting into mid October time now so...

If you live in an urban (built up) area then it's time that mogs start stopping in for the night.

The risks to cats out in the big wide world are at their absolute maximum for the next 4 weeks or so - from car accidents as we settle into the longer nights and earlier sunset, the risks that come from a cat being frightened by a firework and getting him/herself lost, shut in somewhere or bolting into the path of a car, the (unspeakable) risks borne by unpleasant children who seem to give themselves free license to do as they like at this time of the year, bonfires, candles, fireworks - it's not a nice world out there at the moment if you're a cat.

This is of course only my opinion but even if Puss is usually accustomed to going out after tea and strolling in in time for breakfast, you seriously ought to think about shutting them in for now. Yeah, they'll whinge. They'll get over it. If you let them out and something awful happens, you won't.

Let's all have a lovely safe peaceful Autumn.  :Luv:
Agree with you %100. Thats why i posted how concern are you 4.10.07 ? Thats when it started in our area!?

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 16:08:39 PM »
The bangs are bad but its the stories of abuse that really makes me think ban them from public sale. >:(

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 10:41:12 AM »
Round here they'd started letting off fireworks at the end of last month. >:( Thankfully it doesn't appear to upset my mob!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 10:36:00 AM »
This is one of my 'pet' hates. I think the sale of fireworks to the general public should be banned.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 00:58:41 AM »

yup, the  :censored: ers have started letting off fireworks tonight  yesterday ggggggrrrrrrrrr >:(
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
Cats in - it's That Time Again
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 23:35:53 PM »
Right folks we're getting into mid October time now so...

If you live in an urban (built up) area then it's time that mogs start stopping in for the night.

The risks to cats out in the big wide world are at their absolute maximum for the next 4 weeks or so - from car accidents as we settle into the longer nights and earlier sunset, the risks that come from a cat being frightened by a firework and getting him/herself lost, shut in somewhere or bolting into the path of a car, the (unspeakable) risks borne by unpleasant children who seem to give themselves free license to do as they like at this time of the year, bonfires, candles, fireworks - it's not a nice world out there at the moment if you're a cat.

This is of course only my opinion but even if Puss is usually accustomed to going out after tea and strolling in in time for breakfast, you seriously ought to think about shutting them in for now. Yeah, they'll whinge. They'll get over it. If you let them out and something awful happens, you won't.

Let's all have a lovely safe peaceful Autumn.  :Luv:
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Link to CatChat