Author Topic: Could You Please.....  (Read 1100 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Could You Please.....
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 19:06:21 PM »
 :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: she  is stunning
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline NuttyKaty

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 18:58:22 PM »
No she is a silver tabby bsh...very beautiful with a lovely temperament....
Her kittens are gorgeous lol
x

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 18:02:24 PM »
she's a beautiful puss, is she an egyptian mau (sp) ???

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 17:20:58 PM »
I have heard so many horro stories about touching the kittens etc

A lot are exaggerated, although it is wise not to keep handling them or let children pick them up. It would be fine now to move the kittens to  a safer location and give her fresh beddding.

I suggest you keep mum in until the kittens have been homed as she can get pregnant again when the kittens are 2 weeks old. I trust you will have mum spayed once the kittens have been homed and perhaps you will give the following advice out with each kitten.
Benefits of Spaying (females):
No heat cycles, therefore males will not be attracted.
Less desire to roam
Risk of mammary gland tumors, ovarian and/or uterine cancer is reduced or eliminated. Even one season increases the chance of cancer later in life,  indoor cats need spaying also.  Cats & dogs  will not acquire pyometra a life threatening infection & it reduces the risk of  feline aids and leukaemia which is rife in our area.
Reduces the number of unwanted cats/kittens and dogs/puppies
Helps dogs and cats live 3 – 5 YEARS LONGER, healthier lives
Benefits of Neutering (males):
Reduces or eliminates risk of spraying and marking
Less desire to roam, therefore less likely to be injured in fights or road traffic accidents.
Risk of testicular cancer is eliminated, and decreases incidence of prostate disease.
Reduces the number of unwanted cats/kittens and dogs/puppies.
Decreases aggressive behaviour,
Helps dogs and cats live 3 – 5 YEARS LONGER, healthier lives

If you are keeping a kitten please have it neutered/spayed before it is 6 months old. Vouchers are always available if there are financial problems.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 17:22:31 PM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline NuttyKaty

• Kitten
Could You Please.....
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 17:10:48 PM »
Help me lol
I am new to the forum and joined in the hope that you could possilbly help me, as well as noticing that you love cats as much as i do lol
My little baby Twinkle had 4 kittens on saturday, she had them in an old pram of my daughters...which btw was due to go to the charity shop lol
I had a box and everything ready but she did it all by herself with no help quite happily....Now i can see the kittens are feeding well off her and she seems to have settled into motherhood very well, we keep the children away from her and leave her alone other to sit and fuss her, feed and water her and just talk to her.
She is happy with that arrangement...but i was wondering when we (my husband or i) can touch the kittens.....I wanted to move her from the pram but she seems happy and i dont want to unsettle her if theres no need to...as i wanted to clean it up and put an old blanket there for her to lie on....
I have heard so many horro stories about touching the kittens etc
as i have never dealt with anythin like this before (its her first litter and mine lol) i just wanted to the right thing
As soon as OH gets home ill get some pics and post them on....i have to say they are a bit gorgeous lol
thanks in advance
kate x

Link to CatChat