Author Topic: Do people bother telling you when missing cats are found.  (Read 1082 times)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Re: Do people bother telling you when missing cats are found.
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 13:37:26 PM »
Very rarely do people phone me up and tell me there cat has returned.

I's usually when I'm trying to find the owner of a black and white cat thats someones been feeding for 'about 6 months' and I trawl through my records for the last year , on phoning I find that '80%' seem to have returned home. (and annoyingly a lot of them are to mobiles!)

ccmacey

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 13:20:52 PM »
When I had lost a cat I phoned the CP to say she had been found as the lady said keep in touch and let her know.

Sam- still nothing on Pepper, I think she will be a perminant resident at my mums  :shy:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 13:12:18 PM »
had "gone off to die"

I hate it when people tell me that. I usually say it is an old wives tale, and give them all they advise to try to find the little one.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 12:54:47 PM »
I have to say I get a very good response from alot of people on the national pet register.  I have made it my mission to pass on the hints and tips list to every lost cat post (I do it everday when I get in from work and it usually takes about 10 or 15 mins to do).  It's really lovely the number of emails I receive thanking me for the information and I also get just as many telling when the kitties have been found (dead or alive).

I got a email the other day from a guy whose elderly cat had "gone off to die" as he thought as it hadn't been seen for 4 weeks.  I sent him a follow up email saying cats very rarely "go off to die" and to please  check his neighbours sheds and garages again.  Two days later I receive a wonderful email from him thanking me as his cat had been trapped in a nearby shed.  She was a bit thinner but OK.  He was overjoyed and so grateful  :Luv:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 08:48:27 AM »
I emailed Margaret to ask if the lady had told her - surprise surprise, she hadn't.

This happens all the time Mark. Only very occasionally do people bother to let us know Usually we find out quite by chance.

Mind you the same can be said for reporting lost cats. Almost daily I give someone our lost and found number, I explain that I don't take the details as we have just one lost and found register, if we all took details there could be some confusion as someone may report a lost cat to one CP person and a found cat to another.   There number is n the paper every week and the RSPCA give it out.  when people ring them to report a lost cat, yet, last year only 38 people actually rang the lost and found number.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Do people bother telling you when missing cats are found.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 07:47:42 AM »
A couple of weeks ago, some of my guests said that there was a poster up in our local healthyfood shop offering £100 worth of healthyfood for return of her missing cat. I rang her and asked if she had contacted CP which she hadn't. I gave her the number of Margaret, our lost & found lady. Margaret emailed a missing poster to all the vets, volunteers etc. On Friday, another set of guests told me that she had written over the poster saying her cat had returned of its own accord (after 2 weeks). I emailed Margaret to ask if the lady had told her - surprise surprise, she hadn't.

BTW - For all you dieters, this a a big chocalaterie full to the brim of high-point items  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 07:49:58 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat