Author Topic: country cats who get out  (Read 1105 times)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
Re: country cats who get out
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 22:02:38 PM »
It just struck me that some folk totally innocently might not have thought about where their cats go or what they are up to, all 3 of those cats could quite have easily been killed, on in particular was after a bit of previous road kill and right on the road, had it not been for it looking round and me getting a cat eye glare (was dark at this time) i'd not have slowed down so quickly.  They are silly beggars thought, hectares of fields etc and they go on a ruddy road but that is what they are doing  :scared:

So if this wee thread makes 1 person think and consider then its served its purpose  :)

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 21:50:52 PM »

It just occured to me that many people may be under a false illusion that because they have many fields and outbuildings around the cats will not go onto roads when in actual fact this is exactly where they are going, i guess the roadside verges are teaming with wildlife hence very attractive to our cats.

So if anyone fits this bill then i just thought a little pre warning to have a think and be on the look out might be a wee bit of good advice  :Luv:

I also have a railway line behind our house, and I worry about Max ,incase he tries to get into the railway under or over the fence, I have seen him climbing up metal fence he uses the spaces as ladders and sits  on top,  I panic incase he decides to go over to investigate wild life (there is a family of deer running around) and birds
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Annie

• Adult Cat
    • Catster
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 21:44:11 PM »
I don't think my two girls will ever be let out alone free to do whatever... I feel harsh saying it, but I'd rather spend money on a run or something and know they're safe...

Nowhere is completely safe. Even if it isn't for roads and stuff, I feel rude saying it , but there's also some not very nice people..

But I understand once they go out it's not really fair to keep them in, that's why the big ones are allowed out...

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 21:31:42 PM »

It just occured to me that many people may be under a false illusion that because they have many fields and outbuildings around the cats will not go onto roads when in actual fact this is exactly where they are going,

Totally agree with you Lynn.
I am surrouned by woodland and fields but have still lost 3 cat to RTA

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
country cats who get out
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 21:12:52 PM »
I'd just like to say i've heard lots of people comment on their cats getting out and the fact they live in rural areas they think they are safer than town cats.

Well on travelling home sat night i came across not 1 but 3 cats all on the road or springing out from the verge (luckily all very alive and unharmed)

It just occured to me that many people may be under a false illusion that because they have many fields and outbuildings around the cats will not go onto roads when in actual fact this is exactly where they are going, i guess the roadside verges are teaming with wildlife hence very attractive to our cats.

So if anyone fits this bill then i just thought a little pre warning to have a think and be on the look out might be a wee bit of good advice  :Luv:

Link to CatChat