Author Topic: Have a big moon and need help Susanne if you are up  (Read 1108 times)

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Have a big moon and need help Susanne if you are up
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 12:01:41 PM »
Sorry I didn't see this in time, Gill. Not that I'd have been much help. I think to take good pics of the moon you'd need a fairly slow shutter speed (I'd probably use tv or manual) and to make sure your metering was centred on the moon itself and not taking an average reading due to the contrast between the sky and the bright sky.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 03:12:02 AM »
I have pictures Mary  ;D ;D

Gonna put them on a new thread, it was sooooooooooooo bright the camera couldnt cope.

Ummmmm rather a lot of pics lol nearly 300!

Juszt couldnt get it really in focus but think that was part the brightness

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 02:16:07 AM »
Pity you didn't get any good pics Gill. I was in bed and woke up to what I thought was a ruddy spot light shining in my window.  I don't close my bedroom curtains so it was really bright and thought about getting up for my camera but was too tired.

It was magnificent.  There were lots of dark clouds above it and broken dark clouds underneath that were travelling very fast.  About 5 minutes later all was black.  Was quite spooky.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Have a big moon and need help Susanne if you are up
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 23:17:00 PM »
I know this is not cats but trying to take a zoom pic of the moon and it wont zoom to full lengthy, well it will but then zooms back in to take picture.

Cant do it on manual , A-Dep or auto grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Link to CatChat