Author Topic: I desperately need someone who would take care of my cat for 7 weeks - Blackheath SE3  (Read 1101 times)

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
depending on your area could you not ask about if there are any willing teens that may pop in and out for a few bob- my daughter does animal care so would love to do something like that for some pocket money ( not in your area though :shy:), not as much as paying a catsitter although all relies on the honesty and capability of the person. otherwise have you a relative can come and stop maybe?

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: I desperately need someone who would take care of my cat
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 22:03:40 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs and so glad you were able to give a home to Kiki  :hug:

Can I suggest you modify the heading in your post to show your area in case any Purrs members are near you. 

I assume, if you cannot afford a cattery, you will probably not be able to afford a cat sitter either  :shy:  Have you contacted your vet/local cat rescues to see if they may be able to offer suggestions? 

Have you noticed any cat owners living nearby who may be able to help as you could always offer to return the favour when they go on holiday.  I realise you don't know your neighbours yet but I think you would be better trusting near neighbours or someone recommended by your vet/nearby cat rescue.

I wish you best of luck in your search for a carer for Kiki  :hug:

ETA Hope you don't mind but I've taken the liberty of altering the heading in your post in case you didn't know how to  :shy:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 22:06:51 PM by Rosella moggy »

Offline iwonka

• Kitten
  • Slave to: kiki
Hi. I am new to the forum and don't really know where to start. My story is:Back in September I found a lovely female tabby cat in my friend's garden.  She took to us immediately and we sort of were adopted by her. When we realised that Kiki had made her mind up and was going nowhere, we decided to contact local cat protection league, but they were not really in a rush to take her off our hands. Knowing that it would only be of a great benefit to the cat we had it spayed at the local vets and had all the checks and jabs done. Since then we got rather close to this cat and have been taking care of it. Now, where the problem starts. Shortly, we are leaving for a long holiday and can not find anyone who could possible take care of it while we are away. We have just moved into the area (Blackheath, se3 ) and do not have any friends over here who could possible take care of till be got back (seven weeks later)

I just wonder what should we do as we don't really want and can't afford to let her stay in a cattery during winter months. Kiki is a lovely, very sweet, good natured cat, who loves my and my husband's company, is very affectionate, and gentle.

I would welcome all advice and suggestions.

iwonka
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 22:05:37 PM by Rosella moggy »

Link to CatChat