Author Topic: Cool temperatures and activity levels  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Cool temperatures and activity levels
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 00:56:56 AM »
I don't think he's actually cold as he does have a nice fluffy fur coat to keep him warm  ;D but if he was hot he'd be lying flaked out not wanting to run around.  I think the cooler temperature is making him lively and he's a lively cat to begin with  :innocent:  Me and Jaffa feel as though we are living with a little hurricane at the moment!  I don't know where he gets his energy from.  He's just had supper and I've put the heating on for a quick half an hour before bed and then it will be heat pads and hot water bottles on the bed so hopefully he will settle down and have a nice sleep!  He is actually sitting by the radiator now.  Next to Jaffa who is looking non too pleased at the proximity!  ;D

Jaffa's not daft - he knows the tv gets warm so spends a significant part of every evening sprawled out on top of it!  Sometimes the pair of them fight over possession of the slopey bit as that is the preferred area for both of them  :scared:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 00:58:31 AM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 23:42:52 PM »
In view of what you have said, I think he must be cold but really not sure and would have thought he would curl up if he was cold and stretch out full length if he was hot but maybe depends on the style of suit he has  :innocent:

Cats are very clever and they do what is necessary to look after themselves and logic says that if he was hot he would not be rushing around.

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 22:19:06 PM »
I dont have an answer, but you can get those heat pads I've seen in pet shops? Dunno if they're any good or not...
If anything i think my two are the opposite - they dont stay out as long anyway. Then again I usually have the fire on so they sit in front of that :)
Jaffa sitting on the tv!  :rofl:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Cool temperatures and activity levels
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 21:15:41 PM »
It's not warm in my flat.  Ok, so it's not freezing but I can't afford to have the heating on all evening so I am wearing a t shirt, a jumper and a cardigan.  then I am huddled under a blanket if I'm on the sofa watching tv  :rofl:  Jaffa is on top of the tv keeping warm.  But Mosi is seriously hyperactive and running around all over the place.  Is the low temperature making him active?  Is he running around trying to keep warm? (why can't he just curl up in a ball like other cats!).  He has been like this for a while now - ever since the weather turned colder.  As soon as I put the heating on he curls up by a radiator - he's a sucker for a switched on radiator - so I'm finally thinking it might be the temperature that is making him hyper?  I know that I am more alert if it's cooler and sleepy if it's too warm - does the same apply to cats?  He's driving me and Jaffa mad!

Link to CatChat