Author Topic: Have you found more 'presents' recently ...  (Read 1106 times)

Offline scattycat

• Adult Cat
Re: Have you found more 'presents' recently ...
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 16:15:45 PM »
Oh he does look lovely doesnt he ... he's the 'I look sweet and innocent' ... but is the one that brings home presents and tends to start play chases around the house with the other 2 cats - though we wouldnt change him for the world!

Jasper I think thinks that hunting is a game - once he brought home the back half of a rabbit (we live quite close to a field so think he found it rather than do that damage himself!), my husband found him 'playing' with it but didnt really want him to, so he picked it up and threw it down the garden (and it landed over the fence in our allyway) ....

Jasper goes bounding down the garden ... and brings it back (we sometimes think J thinks he's a dog!) - we had to put it in the bin after that!

ccmacey

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 16:10:12 PM »
My friend gets birds in her garden and I was saying to her a bird wouldn't dare brave mine. Next day I went out the back and there was a dead bird  :sick: I had to put it in the bin. Then turned around and feathers all over the kitchen floor. I hate when they bring mice, If its alive I grab all the cats and try to set it free.

Oh and Harry has a delicacy- centipedes  :sick:

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 16:03:26 PM »
it must run in the name... my jasper has just discovered how to catch birds and is now showing off at 2 in a week!!! my mum is soooo not happy!

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 15:46:04 PM »
awww jasper looks lovely
mind u id not be able to go near him if he had a mouse in his possesion  :sick: :sick: :sick:
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 15:41:30 PM »
Awww he looks so proud of his catch!  ;D
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline scattycat

• Adult Cat
Have you found more 'presents' recently ...
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 15:40:01 PM »
We've been noticing that our cats (well I say cats ... it's really just the one hunter in our family, Jasper) have been leaving more and more 'presents' for us recently - obviously the hunting is much better at this time of year now!

I've attached a picture of our Jasper sitting quite innocently with one of his catches - although this particular picture was in December so he just loves to hunt it seems!

We've had 2 left at the backdoor the last couple of days and one laying out the front of our door.

Though we found one night when we got home after work, our eldest cat Suki (a real lady) was out the back eating something, investigated what it was and it were a mouse she was eating .. now thing is you're all probably thinking 'well that's no mean feat for a cat' ... however our Suki has ONE tooth left(the lower big one, cant think what it's called) so she did remarkably well (we did keep an eye on her to make sure she didnt choke btw - and we do worm our cats regularly due to the hunters).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat