Author Topic: Amy Winehouse "donates" her cats to a shelter.  (Read 2493 times)

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
Re: Amy Winehouse "donates" her cats to a shelter.
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2010, 10:41:48 AM »
There's a news snippet in this month's Your Cat magazine about this. It made my blood boil. You'd think that with all the money she spends on pumping drugs into her foul body, she'd have a few bob left over to gets her cats spayed? I just hope the kitties go to much nicer homes than hers. :(

don't be silly now.... that would require a modicum of common sense and awareness of others around her for anything more than a momentary span of attention ...... hey, she's got more important things to concern herself with, like her next drunken, drug fuelled driven car-crash- crisis.   (can you tell I am not a fan, I do try to hide it!!).  NOT.  >:( 

Offline harlequin

• Senior Cat
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2010, 09:47:35 AM »
There's a news snippet in this month's Your Cat magazine about this. It made my blood boil. You'd think that with all the money she spends on pumping drugs into her foul body, she'd have a few bob left over to gets her cats spayed? I just hope the kitties go to much nicer homes than hers. :(

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2010, 09:20:03 AM »
Sadly, when she gets back from Jamaica after recording her new album, she will probably start again  :tired:

DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 07:56:54 AM »
Idiots like AW and PD shouldn't be allowed to look after houseplants far less animals/pets.      If there is truth in this story, hopefully the wee furry ones are adopted by owners who care and love them and will house them in something other than drug filled, booze sodden, filthy pits that these pair call 'home' - when they are atually 'at home'.   

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2010, 02:55:49 AM »
Probably for the best,  if it's true of course - I'm always wary what papers say  :shify:

Ditto, especially the Sun!  :innocent:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 20:24:02 PM »
Probably for the best,  if it's true of course - I'm always wary what papers say  :shify:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 20:25:59 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 20:15:01 PM »
high time they were both re-homed at her Majesty's pleasure, in my opinion

You'll be needing someone else to argue that one with, Trigger me old mucker  ;)
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 20:13:08 PM »
high time they were both re-homed at her Majesty's pleasure, in my opinion
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 20:08:51 PM »
now there is a high-profile opportunity for the RSPCA if ever I saw one. Her and Pete Doherty as well.

Yes, but who would want to rehome them?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 19:22:23 PM »
Best thing that could happen to the cats - now there is a high-profile opportunity for the RSPCA if ever I saw one. Her and Pete Doherty as well.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 19:14:44 PM »
I would like to know which rescue was able to nip round in their van immediately and collect 9 cats  :Crazy:

I'd bleeding get the van out and get them in!  :sneaky: We could be rehoming 'ex-Amy Winehouse' cats and kittens all year!  :wow: ;)  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 18:45:50 PM »
I would like to know which rescue was able to nip round in their van immediately and collect 9 cats  :Crazy:

Another site I saw said they are at a cattery. It also said she had a houseful of cats last year but gave them all away to friends and this is a new collection. I wish they would ban her from keeping animals apart from the fleas in her birds nest hair  >:(

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 17:39:18 PM »
 :shocked:  Poor kitties  :(

Though maybe the cats are better off without her - whatever one thinks of her music, shes not exactly the ideal cat owner, Id guess ......
People Power Works!!!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 16:37:26 PM »
Duh...can she spell "s-p-a-y-i-n-g?" Apparently not. Imbecile..... >:( I used to quite like her but due to her behaviour find myself disliking her more and more.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Amy Winehouse "donates" her cats to a shelter.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 16:21:05 PM »
I saw this on Jackspratts Leona Lewis link

According to The Sun, (not the most reliable source  :tired: )
"Amy Winehouse has given away all 11 of her cats, donating nine to an animal shelter and two to her goddaughter Dionne Bromfield" [The Sun].

If it is true, the sooner she takes a fatal OD, the better  >:(

I found a link http://blog.taragana.com/e/2010/02/12/winehouse-gives-away-her-11-cats-89863/

Apparently, she loves them dearly but they were getting out of control and breeding all over the place  :Crazy:
She really is a waste of good air.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 16:30:08 PM by Mark »

Link to CatChat