Author Topic: Hya  (Read 1087 times)

Offline soudicca

• Adult Cat
  • Jake's mum
Re: Hya
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 19:27:53 PM »
When I first got Jake from the rescue, he frequently chased his tale like a madman.  Three years later and he has given it up completely.  Now he prefers to do as little as possible except creep up behind you for a snuggle.
Black cats rule
RIP Suki, Cleo, Jade & Sam

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: Hya
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 16:31:08 PM »
Great update, James  :)  Blip cleans my hand to get my attention if she feels I may be concentrating on something else.

I don't know about the tail chasing - I've heard of kittens doing it - perhaps it's just a habit Jack has?  Have you tried him with Da Bird for fun and exercise?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline James

• Adult Cat
  • Jack
Hya
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 16:17:33 PM »
Hey there,
It's been a while, so just thought I'd say 'hi' - hope everyone is well/had a good easter etc. and to those having problems - best wishes!!  :Luv2:

Me and Jack are getting on grand! Food is less of a problem (although seeing that morrisons photo - Jack looks like an athlete!!)
Whiskers (in jelly) in tins is different to the pouches.; too much jelly though. This seems to be the perfect food for Jack!! ;D Not too rich/sloppy (Felix in tins is still quite sloppy).
I won't know till I get him weighed, but he looks slimmer (I think??) Playing/exercise.....not stuffing him full!

He chases his tail alot?? Is this normal? If it's boredom, there's not much more I can do... He attacks it with passion, then spins in circles.. I'll try and get a video (only for a short time - mostly chilled  8))

He's also started giving me 'love bites' when brushing him - not aggressive at all, very gentle/affectionate; he even felt that my hand needed licked clean the other day - he has the roughest tongue of any cat I have 'met'!!!
I know i'm biased but Jack is great!! Not a saint......(far from it) left a bin bag in kitchen for 5 mins - yep, ripped open contents everywhere and a guilty looking Jack!! :evillaugh: I pretended to be mad at him for 20 mins - really I thought 'that's my boy - a surviver!!!  :Luv:

Link to CatChat