Author Topic: Wonderful offer for our Christmas raffle  (Read 1092 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Wonderful offer for our Christmas raffle
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 10:57:52 AM »
interesting business making clothes from the Alpaca wool.[/quote

There is someone about a mile or so from me who has Alpacas and makes jumpers and they can cost hundreds of pounds.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline sazkat2

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 10:38:11 AM »
Awww such a nice thing to do if only everyone was as giving as this man.   :Luv2:

PLEASE GIVE A BLACK CAT A CHANCE LOTS ARE LEFT IN RESCUE JUST BECAUSE OF THEIR COLOUR.

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 10:24:31 AM »
That is a lovely offer - there are some nice people about.  I love llamas and alpacas   :Luv2:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Wonderful offer for our Christmas raffle
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 23:28:26 PM »
A couple of weeks ago I took a call on our branchline from a man who said he'd like to offer a raffle prize for our Christmas bazzare. The number he left was difficult to understand but one of our more persistant volunteers tried all the combinations she could think of and tonight was successful!  :wow: This is from her... It's perked me up no end to see such support!  :naughty:

"Ive managed to work out it was probably 07887 that the phone no began with, and it was .This gentleman wants to donate a prize that consists of a pony ride with photographs that will then be turned into a 2009 calendar for the prizewinner.There will also be an opportunity for the winner to upgrade the calendar to meet their own requirements but that will be at an additional charge.This sounds an amazing prize. He has Alpacas and ponies and quite an interesting business making clothes from the Alpaca wool.He owns a farm at Blean and the ride and photoshoot would be done there,so it wouldnt be far for the winner to go and I think most children would think this was a lovely day out.Hes asked if he could leave some brochures at the Xmas fair and I said I didnt think that would be a problem. Ive arranged to go and see him one day next week so I know exactly what hes offering.He said that he can easily print me a voucher to give to the prizewinner."

Link to CatChat