Author Topic: Cat missing for a year shows up a couple of miles away  (Read 1104 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Cat missing for a year shows up a couple of miles away
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 21:15:05 PM »
Thanks Mary  :hug:

I wasn't after personal glory but every bit of exposure for rescues helps?
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 20:47:08 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:Well done Mark, hope Tabs gets a nice home, she deserves to live her life out in comfort after a bad year.

We all appreciate you even if the ruddy press doesn't.

Mary  :hug:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 10:52:34 AM »
I was a bit miffed. I wouldn't have hurt them to say after a call from CP? - I know the Gazette sponsor the RSPCA so maybe that is why  :shify:

btw - Their shop in Whitstable is nearly ready to open.

If you want me to scan the cat, just let me have the details and I will do it - I'm busy tomorrow but any other time is fine.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 17:07:42 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 10:28:43 AM »
Its a shame we didnt get a mention as without Mark scanning the puss cat she would still be out there. Sometimes the press are so biased.. Actually i have another puss Mark in HB that seems to be as though he is lost. Spatz is on the website.. he is in HB i dont have a chip reader..!
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Cat missing for a year shows up a couple of miles away
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 08:41:27 AM »
I mentioned this cat on Ela's thread the week before last. http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,17788.0.html -  There was an article in one of our local papers this week. Tabs belonged to an old lady who died. Her friend took the cat on but she disappeared a few days later. She showed up in someones garden recently but was terorising her own cat. I went over and scanned her and her chip was registered to Lord Whisky rescue. The collected her the following day. Anyway, CP don't get a mention in the article - I just says Lord Whisky received a call  :-:

Tabs is about 13 - we think someone else must have taken her in as she seems in really good condition.

The friend that took Tabs in last year now has another cat so she is up for rehoming.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 08:44:19 AM by Mark »

Link to CatChat