Author Topic: I'm growing a kitty lawn!  (Read 1079 times)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Re: I'm growing a kitty lawn!
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 20:39:47 PM »
Buying turf would have been easy, Sam. I never attempt anything unless it's a challenge.  :evillaugh: Good tip about the edging, though, hadn't thought of that.  ;)

The neighbour I showed thinks I'm barking.  :innocent: OH didn't bat an eyelid. He said he's used to me by now.  :shy: :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 20:31:35 PM »
What do you think?  :Dont know:

Crazy cat lady but in a nice way  :evillaugh:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 20:11:09 PM »
Looks like a great idea Julie ... mind you I'd have just bought a bit of turf  ;)

It's probably be an idea to  try to box it in in some way otherwise all that going to happen is the grass will root and take over your entire border.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
I'm growing a kitty lawn!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 19:32:19 PM »
I have come up with a solution to the guilt I have been feeling ever since we moved from London to Kent. In London, Tilly and Jumpy had a huge lawn to laze about in but here, all we have is crazy paving and a small plant border. No grass at all.  :sad no:

Finally yesterday, it came to me! An effective pussy cat lawn only needs to be marginally larger than the cat.  :agree:

Here's a pic of the new lawn I am growing for Tilly and Jumpy. It's about 1.5 the size of a standard litter tray and if they both are nice to each other, there's room for them both to sprawl out and catch the sunrays. All I have to do is spot them  :censored: in it until it's properly grown.  :evillaugh:

What do you think?  :Dont know:

Link to CatChat