Author Topic: Sadie returns  (Read 1111 times)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: Sadie returns
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 20:56:19 PM »
Wonderful news DM. Life would be so dull if our babies were not there to lend it some spice ... ;)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 20:47:25 PM »
So pleased that Sadies come home  ;D

Offline claws n purrs

• Adult Cat
  • Ronnie, Freya, Olly and Mickey!
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 19:54:26 PM »
Aww, your story must give hope to anyone who has a missing feline friend.   ;D

It must have been such a shock to see her after all that time!  :Crazy:

Hope she settles back into your household and doesn't stray for too long next time.  :)

Dee
Life is life -  there is no difference between a cat or a man.  The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage.  ~Sri Aurobindo

"I purr, therefore I am."

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 17:18:21 PM »
She sounds like a spirited, grinchy, little madam ... who deep down probably loves you as much as you do her  ;)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Dark Moon

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 15:23:07 PM »
I agree Sam. But wherever it is she mustn't like it much because she was desperate to come in. Each time - and especially today. Of course, given what she's saying to the other cats (I cannot reprint it here. I don't believe you folks are old enough to be exposed to that sort of language!) she may not be really happy to be back either. Well, home she seems to like. Food she loves. Me she tolerates. Them she hates...........

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 15:16:27 PM »
Ahhh how lovely DM .. so pleased Sadie has come home (it does sound llike she has another home somewhere) but she obviously classes your house as her "main" house.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Dark Moon

Sadie returns
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 15:11:44 PM »
Hi all.
I have written here before as to how one should never give up on a missing cat. Well....

Sadie came to me (rather unwillingly on both out parts) about 6 years ago. She's a DLH, hates to be touched, refuses to be combed, doesn't like other cats.... But she needed a home so there we were. She has found her niche and seems happy enough.

She likes to go out sometimes. Once last summer she went out and did not come back. I searched and called but nothing. For 3 days, when she magically appeared at the door. The early part of this year she did it again - only this time it was 8 days. I began to think that maybe someone had her as she is not a cat to miss meals or 'return to the wild' but who knows.

Anyway, about 5 weeks ago now she went out and never came home. I didn't bother to worry because she's done it before and anyway, after a period of time, what can you do? But the days stretched to weeks. I assumed a coyote got her or some such as I never found her body.

Have been awake since 3 this morning, reading. Finally let the crew out around 6. Did some puttering. Let a couple back in (we specialize in the 'in-outs'). Saw Sam (my 'time-share cat') in the window and went and brought him in for breakfast. Let him back out. Went out with food. Let Winston and Simon in for the first of about a thousand times today. Went to let them back out not more than 2 minutes later when, opening the door, there was Sadie. I just stared at her for a second. Said "Well, where the H have YOU been". She started to dash in, saw Simon on the way out, threw a hissy fit. Simon came back in. Opened the door again, Sadie dashed in. Simon dashed out.

Now.... she headed instantly for the food bowl but for a cat that's been away for 5 weeks, she's not thin. Her fur, ever given to matting, isn't. She is hyper beyond words (I hear her in the diningroom screaming at the other cats - who are as amazed to see her as I was and are trying to get close to sniff. This, of course, is beyond tolerance for her!) but otherwise seems fine.

Have no idea where she's been. Still have to think someone has had her but who knows. Won't be letting her back out for a while (though that seems to make little difference as it had been the better part of a year between the first and second times she went missing). Even today, she can't have been lurking here waiting for the door to open because I explained, I have been in, out and around a lot already this morning. Have NO idea where she's been, nor how or why she suddenly reappeared.

But I wanted to again give hope to those of you who may have 'lost' kitties. Sometimes they DO come back.
I just wish they'd tell us where they've been!

Link to CatChat