Author Topic: The Fred and Victoria video  (Read 977 times)

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Re: The Fred and Victoria video
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 19:47:48 PM »
I contacted the vet. The cost for just flu and enteritis is £29.50 per cat. If I include Felv, it's £41.83. They couldn't give me a price for the chlamydia vaccine as they don't normally get asked for it. Rebekah, a fellow cat-lover with a multiple cat household who had one of the ferals, recommended that I have the chlamydia done also.

Despite lots of hissing from Sam through the cat-flap, I think they'll settle. I can just about afford four cats.....just. I'll have to start saving for the next batch of vet bills though.

I haven't definitely decided to keep them, but my heart sinks when I have a phone call regarding them......I'm being extraordinarily fussy. I'm sure that I'm looking for excuses as to why the few enquirers I have are unsuitable!
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 09:53:38 AM »
If you think you can afford the upkeep of 4 cats, and your two aren't going to be upset, then go for it. My vets charge £35 ish for vacc's, but I dont have mine vacc'd for FeLV, so dont know how much more it would be for that.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 00:30:06 AM »
Lovely cats and video loaded for me very quick and no stop and start  ;D

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
The Fred and Victoria video
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 22:47:00 PM »
After ages of editing and hair-pulling, I've finally uploaded the video of Fred and Victoria. If you go to the link, please pause the vid first and let it load for a moment, otherwise you'll get lots of stop and start. This is happening because it was saved in high quality, which takes longer to download.

While doing the edit, I noticed how grubby the litter tray is on the outside. The inside is clean!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2_K7WEGovh0

Seriously thinking of keeping these furbabes. Sam and Polly have met them through the cat flap in my bedroom door while Fred and Vic were having their daily exercise of running up and down the stairs and along the landing. The cat flap into my bedroom was locked, as was the door into the lounge. They met eye-to-eye through the cat flap. Sam hissed, Polly wasn't fussed. I think S and P are slowly getting used to the newcomers.

Before the two pairs actually meet, I'll have Fred and Vic fully vaccinated. Will ring vet tomorrow to cost this. Would I be right in assuming it'll be in the £50 per cat range? I won't have them Felv/fiv tested, though they'll have the vaccine. P and S must be either immune or negative to have lived so long, and others in the colony who were tested (four) were negative.
Oh heck! What am I letting myself in for?  :Luv2:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Link to CatChat